Checking in for a bit

WoW that's going to be nice! You going reef or fish only? I'm am/was a big salt water/reef tank guy. Looking to get back into it again. Sold everything off when we moved into our house 12 years ago and with life moving so fast and now a new son moneys allocated elsewhere it just hasn't happened! I can't believe how the new stuff coming up since I left. LEDs, Automation, Nano systems. LEDs are now seeming to be a game changer! Expensive to start with but no more bulb changes and decreased PAR output the older they get! Also electric bill friendly! Any pics of this spray foam back? Don't know what you mean?

It's going to be a reef...and I'm going to be running LED's on it, I actually bought them before anything else since they were the most expensive part of the build.

This picture is looking straight on into the tank, the idea is to use egg crate on the back and put dry rock on it, then use spray foam to hold it in place and build up the area around it, then you cover it with epoxy and stick sand to the epoxy. You get allot of height without having to make massive piles of rock and cut off swimming space. Because my tanks is only 18" deep I didn't want to have to chew all my space up with a huge pile of rock. Once I finish a second coat of epoxy and sand I'll start piling rocks in from of this and then there will be caves and arches where they connect to the rock on the background.

20140309_235541.jpg

I'll try to take some better pictures when I put the tank back upright this week, it's actually lying on its back in this picture.

Back