Check out this find. FREE

That is funny. This might have been the first reasonable rehab candidate this year. Last year and the year before I could find plenty of free and $20-$30 grills. At peak times I had 10 or more grills sitting in my driveway at any given time. This year hardly any cheap ones showed up. Not that I still want one but I for curiosity I am still looking to see what is out there. I must have missed that 5000. Anyhow enjoy the rehab on that 5000.
That's probably because I've been picking them up, but haven't done much on them. I have like 4 of the 1100s (1 for the frame) , 3 of Genesis Silver C's (1 for parts) and now this one! Which is going to be mine now, instead of the Maroon Silver C.

The owner found some accessories that went along with her Grandpa's grill, including motor for the rotisserie and veggie trays. Best part and hidden gem was the OG manual and cookbook she didn't mention!

Attachments

• 20201205_124047.jpg
    20201205_124047.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 20201205_124103.jpg
    20201205_124103.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 20201205_124122.jpg
    20201205_124122.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 20201205_124209.jpg
    20201205_124209.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 60
I am with BobbyG! That awesome find deserves some careful, thorough restoration to bring it back to its original glory. Take your time and chronicle what you do with lots of pictures. It would make a great addition to our restoration "sticky". Most of all, have fun while you are at it! You have a very special Weber that deserves a second go around.

Ok. I'm in the DFW, south Dallas area. I thought I was going to refurbish this, but never got the time because life goes on and I'll be leaving out of state. Hawaii !!! I would like to leave this to the peeps who truly appreciate these beautiful tanks that they are and I've grown to be. I'd like to leave this to someone who is the highest bidder? I will be leaving by the end of Jan/Feb of 2024 and looking to sell by mid January. I know this site is for those appreciate, need leads, flip, or add to their collection. That's why I added this to my collection of a performer, genesis silver B and then this. Plz let me know if this not condoned for trying to sell.

Jealous is entirely too gentle! I am green with envy! How cool for you to have scored the full banana with the manual, gas grill book, rotisserie and all. A set of good bars, a little cleanup and you’re off to the races! Very cool!

Ok. I'm in the DFW, south Dallas area. I thought I was going to refurbish this, but never got the time because life goes on and I'll be leaving out of state. Hawaii !!! I would like to leave this to the peeps who truly appreciate these beautiful tanks that they are and I've grown to be. I'd like to leave this to someone who is the highest bidder? I will be leaving by the end of Jan/Feb of 2024 and looking to sell by mid January. I know this site is for those appreciate, need leads, flip, or add to their collection. That's why I added this to my collection of a performer, genesis silver B and then this. Plz let me know if this not condoned for trying to sell.
You can use the Buy Sell forum here:

As John-NY mentioned above, post in the Buy/Sell forum.
Also, I recommend putting a price on it, that you would sell
it for TODAY, and skip the whole "highest bidder," gimmick.
If you plan to hold on to it until January, then wait a few months
before posting.

Yeah, hate to say it but the bidding bit is for eBay or similar, not a forum. General forum etiquette says post a price and almost all require such.

As John-NY mentioned above, post in the Buy/Sell forum.
Also, I recommend putting a price on it, that you would sell
it for TODAY, and skip the whole "highest bidder," gimmick.
If you plan to hold on to it until January, then wait a few months
before posting.
Agreed. You need to name a price and commit to the sale whenever you’re ready to unload it. Does it have value...sure! If it were in my area, I’d have already thrown a $150 or higher offer at it. The “highest bidder” thing isn’t a great optic in the context of the thread.

Jealous is entirely too gentle! I am green with envy! How cool for you to have scored the full banana with the manual, gas grill book, rotisserie and all. A set of good bars, a little cleanup and you’re off to the races! Very cool!
I've been trying to behave so I don't get put in the penalty box for taunting, yet two words come to mind:

ROAD TRIP !!!

1694804032300.png

UPDATE

I never got around to refinishing this grill. Still in the amazing shape, covered, and sheltered. I'm moving out of Dallas to Hawaii and will not be able to take this with me.

Looking for someone that y'all might know in DFW to purchase the grill from me. Need to sell in 2 wks.

I appreciate any help. Just want this grill to someone who'd appreciate it!

THANKS

Back