CharBroil Rib Rack pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Taylor

TVWBB All-Star
Well I finally got around to taking some pics of the new CharBroil rack. Rather than suck up lots of Chris's bandwidth(my pics come out HUGE when I link to them), follow the link to my page. Once there, about halfway down the page you will see the new rack. Also a new pic of my "enhanced" cooker setup.

I have also posted the item numbers from both CharBroil and Lowe's.

http://www.thebbqguru.net/bbq-equipment/

imgF1_zpsjdq0oz57.jpg

img13_zpsw67mlupv.jpg

img14_zpsl1wvqheq.jpg

img15_zpssojncic5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Charbroil rib rack and, though a real pain in the neck to clean, it does exceed the capacity of the Weber rack, even before the leaning and stacking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Stogie,

That is a great photo! Thanks for sharing it. I picked one up at Home Depot a few weeks ago after you mentioned it, but haven't used it yet.

With all that meat packed in there like that--and especially on top--you still get even cooking?

Regards,
Chris

Chris...

I always rotate things at the 2 hour mark(my first mopping). The innermost slabs are most affected and need to be moved to the outside. I then rotate top to bottom when I foil at the 3 hour mark. Perfect every time.

After foiling, I no longer need the rib racks as the slabs must be layed flat...they can also be stacked with no ill effects.

Doug...I chose to allow people to look at their own convenience....not everyone uses racks. I have posted pics in my posts in the past and it really slows things down....especially with multiple ones. My pics are large and I don't want to affect the load times.

As far as cleaning...the dishwasher is the best and easiest way to go.

Hay Stogie,
I have 2 of those racks. They work really well for me too. A little soaking in warm soapy water and a soft brush is all that is required to clean them. Not so bad.

I bought one after reading Stogie's post and have used it twice... I was very pleased... I smoked 8 whole slabs of ribs using it with great success, however it is a problem to clean.. The 2nt time I used it I sprayed it down with "Pam"... Makes the job of cleaning much easer...

Three steps of cleaning:
1. Spray with Pam. (cover well)
2. After use spray with Grease Lighting.
3. Wait 30 min and clean with high pressure washer.. Lol

Cheers!!!

bugg /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Bill, Thanks for the cleaning tips! I used two last week and clean up seemed to take as long as it did to cook the ribs! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I wouldn't scrub 'em down so much. It's patina! It's a good thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back