CB or Weber Rotisserie

J Pichey

TVWBB Fan
I am a little confused on the difference between these 2. I am looking to buy one, but can't really see a difference other than the battery vs. Electric. I can get the Weber option for $140 plus free shipping on Amazon or $150 plus shipping with CB. The $$$ difference is significant when you figure in the shipping costs. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I have a performer and a 22.5 WSM that I will be using these on.

Thanks guys!

I've got the Weber and have used it a lot. My electric motor is starting to balk and I'll probably take it apart to see if I can repair it. If I was to buy one today I would get the CB ring at least so I could use it on my WSM. Anyway you go, you're going to absolutely love have the rotisserie. One of my most beloved grill options.

The CB is Stainless Steel while the Weber is porcelain coated steel. (I believe that's correct)
Me, I'd go with CB unless I found a better deal on the Weber

Joe, you got the 22" WSM....
the Cajun (if you buy the reversible unit) fits your 22"WSM AND your 22" kettle.
I have the Cajun AND LOVE IT!
If you get the reversible unit, tell them to throw in A SECOND motor bracket.
I made a second one myself, having the second mounting bracket allow you to keep BOTH on the ring without removing one to mount for the other...
sounds confusing, I know:rolleyes:
BUY THE CAJUN!
Oh, and the battery operated motor works GREAT! the motor does have a DC outlet but does not come with an adaptor.

EDIT: Joe, read THIS THREAD

Last edited:
Joe, you got the 22" WSM....
the Cajun (if you buy the reversible unit) fits your 22"WSM AND your 22" kettle.
I have the Cajun AND LOVE IT!
If you get the reversible unit, tell them to throw in A SECOND motor bracket.
I made a second one myself, having the second mounting bracket allow you to keep BOTH on the ring without removing one to mount for the other...
sounds confusing, I know:rolleyes:
BUY THE CAJUN!
Oh, and the battery operated motor works GREAT! the motor does have a DC outlet but does not come with an adaptor.

EDIT: Joe, read THIS THREAD

I agree with Jim 100%. BTW, my battery operated motor has lasted for 3 seasons on the same set of batteries.

The weber does not fit my performer very well and it was made for the performer. Bought it last year.
There is at least a 1/2" gap between the ring & kettle. I don't care for it much.

the cb would be a better choice for the performer. but again, myself and many others have no issues with the "weber gap".
the new weber rotiss barrel is newely designed and this is no longer an issue. either way, ya got options so just get one
and get on with it !

The weber does not fit my performer very well and it was made for the performer. Bought it last year.
There is at least a 1/2" gap between the ring & kettle. I don't care for it much.

I had the Weber also, and had the same problem on both my MT and OTP. I don't know that is was a full 1/2 inch, but it was enough that it shifted side to side. Leaked badly too. Returned it to Amazon and have the CB in my sights as my next purchase.

everyone needs be happy with their equipement but i think to much is being made about the clearance on the weber setup.
it just doesn't make much of any differance. where that gap is puts it where heat/smoke is going out. if you control the lower vents you can control the coals.
but most rotiss cooking is done with a hot fire anyway. i have cooked with lid on and off and had great success. if that gap really still bothers yo, you can fill the gap with foil or fire stove rope. i don'r do either. like anything you have, you need to learn that piece of equipment.

if that gap really still bothers yo, you can fill the gap with foil or fire stove rope. i don'r do either. like anything you have, you need to learn that piece of equipment.

I don't agree. For $150 you shouldn't have to pack anything with foil or rope. Weber just needs to make a better product before the put their name on it. All of their other equipment has high standards. Why should this be and acceptable.

well, again, i don't think its a bad product at all. period. its been made for a loooooong time and has functioned perfectly fine as is.
that suggestion is for those that do not like that gap for one reason or another and i still would not consider that a "fix".. and i'll repeat,
myself and many others have had no issues as it stands.
believe me, if i thought it was an issue, i would be all over it ! just ask others about my feelings about weber.

besides, the whole thing is mute anyway as weber has changed the design anyway. it should be out already if not soon.

I don't agree. For $150 you shouldn't have to pack anything with foil or rope. Weber just needs to make a better product before the put their name on it. All of their other equipment has high standards. Why should this be and acceptable.

I agree Earl. This definitely doesn't sound right to me. $150 bucks shouldn't require fixing it to use it as intended. I recommend you give Weber a call and see if they will make it right. Let us know how the phone call went.

According to Bill ^^ they may have fixed the issue and will probably take care of you as well.

guys, don't mix up two differant things. on the old style there is nothing, and i mean nothing to fix.
the new weber style is more like the cb style that actually rides on the edge of the kettle as oppossed to the old style that rides inside the kettle.

guys, don't mix up two differant things. on the old style there is nothing, and i mean nothing to fix.
the new weber style is more like the cb style that actually rides on the edge of the kettle as oppossed to the old style that rides inside the kettle.

George,

I guess Weber kept the part number the same? 2290 is the part number I bought and it's the same on the site now.

I should have mine delivered on Tuesday according to FedEx.

I called Weber about the gap, I never thought much about it until reading this thread.

They had me measure my ring and when I measured across it was 21 1/4 and almost 22 in the other direction I measured. They told me mine was out of round and the 21 1/4 was not right. So they are sending me a warranty replacement. Awesome customer service.

Here is a link I found with a guy showing the new ring.

http://www.bbqdryrubs.com/weber-kettle-rotisserie-redesign/

Last edited:

Back