Caught 11 trout!

Michael C.

TVWBB Gold Member
I took Friday off and took advantage of knowing that Jess Ranch Lakes in Apple Valley, CA, stocks their lakes on Friday mornings. Man, it sure was fun landing 11 trout in about 2 1/2hrs or so. Just using rainbow glitter power bait. The action was just there! I fillet then, froze most of them. I seasoned two fillets with Onion Garlic powder, with garlic pepper. The other one, I simply used McCormick Grill Mates Molasses Bacon seasoning. It tasted really good on the trout. I wanted to grill them on the Weber, but when I got home, the weather was nasty, I had to break out my charbroil patio grill. It took about 10-12 minutes of cooking time, and they were done :).

Jess Ranch Lakes.

Catch of the day.

Fillet.

Seasoned.

On the grill.

Done, time to eat.

Good eating! Thanks for looking :).

Last edited:
I LOVE trout... The first time I grilled it, I had the WHOLE fish and my daughter FREAKED... I need to get more..

Oh man, doesn't get much fresher than that. I like the simple seasonings on the grilled filets...less is more when the fish is that fresh. Terrific post!

Nice catch, those are some good size trout. Makes me want to head to Bishop and the high sierra lakes and streams for some good trout fly fishing.

Back