Cat for Christmas?

Tastes like chicken I assume? :unsure:
True story. I used to work in the meat department of a local grocery store, many ages ago. Two of the butchers had worked together at various places for many years. One told a story of them at a different store where the guys delivering the meat (back in the days when all the stores did their own butchering) were Mexican. The delivery guys took their lunch break at the store one day and one of the guys had a bunch of tacos he'd brought from home. One of the butchers said, "Hey, Gordie loves Mexican food. Why don't you let him have one of your tacos?" So the delivery guy generously hands one over and Gordie chows down, saying how good it is. Then the first butcher says, "Tell him what's in it." The delivery guy replies, "Gato." Gordie makes a mad dash for the bathroom. I'm not sure if it was really cat in the taco or if the delivery guy was just having him on. Darn funny story though.

An old friend of mine used to live in the Green Bay area. He & his neighbors noticed that the local feral animal population seemed to be dropping rather unexpectedly. Then, the new Chinese restaurant got closed down by the Health Department. Nothing was ever confirmed to the public.....

Just sitting here doing some curmudgeonly cogitating.

The kids want a cat for Christmas.

I was planning on doing a turkey but if a cat is what they want, hey I’ll give it try. 😉
I'm a cat person and love your future catster to the end of time. And Don't you ever abandon the catster.

I'm a cat person and love your future catster to the end of time. And Don't you ever abandon the catster.
Me thinks she is too skinny. On the other hand, the story goes that the mountain men swore that mountain lion was the best meat.

An old friend of mine used to live in the Green Bay area. He & his neighbors noticed that the local feral animal population seemed to be dropping rather unexpectedly. Then, the new Chinese restaurant got closed down by the Health Department. Nothing was ever confirmed to the public.....
I used to work with a guy who told a similar story about his father-in-law's farm. And he swore it was true.;)

Back