Cast Iron rehab

It's pitting I think. Supposedly. its caused by sulfuric acid fumes from burning coal on a stove or impurities in natural gas back in the day. It still sits flat because of the heat ring and it's a great cooking pan. My wife picked it up at an antique store for nothing. It's not super collectible, but I like it.

It's pitting I think. Supposedly. its caused by sulfuric acid fumes from burning coal on a stove or impurities in natural gas back in the day. It still sits flat because of the heat ring and it's a great cooking pan. My wife picked it up at an antique store for nothing. It's not super collectible, but I like it.
I've got the same thing on my old Victor. I think it's pretty cool and adds to the historical charm, in my opinon.

Charlie

I use my big Lodge Chicken Fry pan right in my Genesis. When I make..............................you guessed it......FRIED CHICKEN :D I take out the grates, put a good amount of oil in it, and keep the pan right down on the flavorizer bars. Heat control and distribution in the pan is excellent. If I spill or splash any oil. MEH it's in the grill and contained. I also can do it on the Wolf grill as well. But there I leave it right on the grates as heat output on the Wolf is so great.
I have thought about that. I would think that an outdoor propane standalone burner would be better for frying. More efficient directly over the flame and if I had one I would move it to the middle of my lawn so nothing to get messy and clean up. Maybe in the future some time.

You kids with your new fangled 1930s skillets!

Here are a couple of my Erie skillets. Erie preceded Griswold. The #6 is a transition piece.

The number 8 is in Like New condition, flawless. These are a few of my herd that I don’t cook with.
Greg, those are stunning! Were they local finds?

Back