Carr detailer cleans a grill

As a car detailer, have you heard of the Metrovac? We just got one used (great deal) and it is. Incredible.

So he is washing all these chemicals into the ground and soil? In most European countries it is even illegal to wash your car in your own driveway.

The grill in the video is cleaner before he cleaned it than my grill after cleaning. His is a little greasy. I'd like to see him clean one with a years worth of cooked on burned in char.

Screenshot_20221025-072306_Chrome.jpg

Yeah, I think there is a lot of stuff we do for which we don't even think about the implications. I think about when we read about the Middle Ages with horse dung all over the place and sewerage running down the middle of streets and are all grossed out. I believe if the world spins around another 100 years people will look back at our time - and all the chemicals we used and exposed ourselves to - and be equally grossed out

Grill cleaning would certainly be on that list. I wish I had some kind of industrial sink/drainage, but I don't...

I should clarify that's not my video and I'm no detailer, but I do appreciate their skill. When I drove nice cars, I was happy to pay someone else to detail them.

I did wonder how much lawn he killed in the process. The chemical talk reminds me of when I went looking for Drano and Clorox in a German supermarket (different days, projects). They looked at me like a terrorist.

I think I remember him stating that he was using biodegradable stuff in the sprayer.
unless you are using industrial cleaners, and they are outlawed in many states like CA. for one. Everything is biodegradable, or pet friendly.
even Easy Off oven cleaner is not bad for the environment.

Back