Carne Asada

Terry, is that flank or flap? Looks more like flap unless you split a flank in half long-ways?

Doesn't matter, of course, 'cuz it looks delish, just curious (as I have two flanks in sous vide right now.....) :)

R

Terry, is that flank or flap? Looks more like flap unless you split a flank in half long-ways?

Doesn't matter, of course, 'cuz it looks delish, just curious (as I have two flanks in sous vide right now.....) :)

R
to me it looks like butterflied flap (skirt) which is how Costco retail packs theirs. Flank would look more stringy in the slices and not be as long in length.

fyi, you can buy Costco's flap (skirt) in cryovac pack and pay less per pound. i buy it like this which is less expensive per pound and then take it home and butterfly, lightly trim and pack for freezing the unused portions. i'll even marinate some and freeze it like that to make the next cook easier as i have zero prep next time.

we'll await Terry's reply to confirm. either way carne asada is sooo good. and with some habanero salsa verde, mmmm (and a few cold ones from MX too.)

And it doesn't matter. It tasted good and that's all that matters in the end. I was at Walmart this morning, planning to head elsewhere for meat (don't like Walmart meat), but they had skirt steak. One of my two go-to stores for meat has it but the price is too high and Walmart was very reasonable. We'll see how it is. Skirt steak sandwiches tomorrow.

Back