Carne Asada - continued amazing weather in kalifornia

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
It was probably 70+ degrees yesterday, Christmas shopping in shorts and tee shirts, my bride wanted something simple for dinner, hello Comal...

A62307EE-4D95-450B-A0EE-5D0C012514CD_zpshjpdtavh.jpg

AB8439EF-23CA-4AD0-AEAD-4303DC37A3B6_zpsvm7vgju6.jpg

863FB33C-9CBB-4C69-8187-4F286AA935C7_zpsaibzyhgh.jpg

04D3B0E8-5407-4D24-8FAE-93E1CE06BFC2_zpsy6hhydsd.jpg

followed by happy hour

CD237816-732E-4CED-BC73-B778C7ED574E_zps0cnyqb8t.jpg

Looking good Chuck! Miss the Cali weather but not the insane traffic and congestion or that occasional shake rattle and roll.

They were dang good (sorry no plated pictures) you can't beat the Comal for making them. All the flavors all mix together for a total flavor explosion. Tony taught us how to easily clean them (splash water on them while hot to easily scrape away the glaze) it's a piece of cake to cook and clean up. It took less than an hour to do the cook and clean up. Granted, I had to put the rub on the meat earlier that morning, that took maybe 10 minutes :)

More time to sit around the fire pit enjoying the 65+ degrees at nearly 7PM last night

They were dang good (sorry no plated pictures) you can't beat the Comal for making them. All the flavors all mix together for a total flavor explosion. Tony taught us how to easily clean them (splash water on them while hot to easily scrape away the glaze) it's a piece of cake to cook and clean up. It took less than an hour to do the cook and clean up. Granted, I had to put the rub on the meat earlier that morning, that took maybe 10 minutes :)

More time to sit around the fire pit enjoying the 65+ degrees at nearly 7PM last night

Nice job.
I saw that me have low 80s on my area. Still great weather.

ChuckO where did you get your grill insert? I've only seen the ones Weber is making that is a smaller insert to a regular grill grate. I use my grill at tailgates & this would make it so much easier for cooking similar dishes for the masses

Back