Can I roll my fatty the night before?

Ryan Foote

TVWBB Member
I posted on this earlier in the week and got great advice from many people, specifically Gary, so thanks all. I am curious if I can roll it, rub it, and set in the refrigerator over night and throw her on in the morning. Any pros or cons to this?

Thanks! Ryan

No problem doing it the night before. Probably give the spice flavours time to mingle better with the meat.

Got it rolled, thanks Bob! The sausage was a tad bit bigger than the bacon weave, but I just pushed the bacon into the sausage so it should hold. I also did a straight sausage just to be on the safe side :0)

i actually toss ready to cook fatty's in the freezer to help firm them abit... not long, about 30 to 45 minutes only, then in the WSM.
i believe refrigeration can help...

I agree with Bob and Jim, just like a meat-loaf, letting it set in the fridge for a bit helps on the flavor end IMO.:wsm:

Tim

Now of course Mr. Foote we do expect some photos. :)

Here ya go Gary, I thought they turned out great! Very tasty, our friends raved. We served them up with a carmel apple french toast dish and fruit (and bloody mary's obviously). It was a perfect sweet and salty combo;)

I am trying to post a couple pics, but it's not allowing me to browse my pictures. It's asking me for a specific url...I am not the most computer savvy. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Back