Can grills be cute?!?

Is that Table OEM or did you modify to put on a Thermoset Table off a 2014 model Performer. If so, I like the look. Excellent Restore by the way!

Rit DyeMore Synthetic Graphite.jpg I only dyed the lid handle. Cleaned handle with bleach and removed Weber Lettering. I then filled water into an 8qt pot and brought it to a boil of 210 degrees boiling and maintained the temperature throughout the process. Once I reached 210 degrees, I added dye per instructions. I stirred until uniform and then I put in the parts in the pot. I let parts boil in pot for an hour. You can let it boil longer to make sure you have maximum colorization although I never have. Poured another pot with cold water. Then I removed parts from boiling water and then placed in pot of cold water. Let it rest in cold water until cool. Then removed and let dry. Once completely dried I used 303 protectant and let dry and then enjoy your results. 

303 Protectant.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 63939 I only dyed the lid handle. Cleaned handle with bleach and removed Weber Lettering. I then filled water into an 8qt pot and brought it to a boil of 210 degrees boiling and maintained the temperature throughout the process. Once I reached 210 degrees, I added dye per instructions. I stirred until uniform and then I put in the parts in the pot. I let parts boil in pot for an hour. You can let it boil longer to make sure you have maximum colorization although I never have. Poured another pot with cold water. Then I removed parts from boiling water and then placed in pot of cold water. Let it rest in cold water until cool. Then removed and let dry. Once completely dried I used 303 protectant and let dry and then enjoy your results. 

View attachment 63941
Thanks for the instructions & product pics… very clear to follow.

Thanks for the instructions & product pics… very clear to follow.
Mike if you attempt this process. I hope to see pics of your results. If you come to better conclusions to what I have, I would be pleased to know them. Thanks.

Mike if you attempt this process. I hope to see pics of your results. If you come to better conclusions to what I have, I would be pleased to know them. Thanks.
Will do. I may attempt this in the spring for some weathered handles.

Back