Cabella

Dave Phillips

Has anyone bought any smoke wood from Cabellas? If so, I hope they received what they ordered. They seem to have some of the best prices. I just ordered a 10 lb bag of cherry chunks, I hope it is not choke cherry wood. I am going to smoke a couple of pork buts this weekend. Just did my first set of spares last weekend with my new bullet and am ready for more smokin!! My wife asked me if we wil ever go out to eat again. Any comments?

Ordered 3 bags Apple and 2 bags cherry on March 28th, and recieved them om on April 4th, exactly one week. I live in New Jersey.

Have not had a chance to use them yet, but will try this weekend.

I have ordered wood from Cabelas. I found out about it from the thread mentioned above. Nice large chunks and fast shipping. I ordered 40lbs of wood. Hickory, mesquite, apple and cherry. Something odd, the packing slip from UPS said total weight of the package was 36 lbs. Even though it says 10 lbs, they sell by cubic foot which approximates 10 lbs. I have used the apple and hickory so far with excellent results. I would buy from again!

I haven't ordered smoke wood from Cabela's yet but I'm going to. However, over the last 20 years I've used them regularly. They are very reputable and if you aren't satisfied, they make it right - almost as good as Weber !
icon_smile.gif

Paul

Cabela's wood chunks are great. I use cherry and maple from them. Their prices are good and shipping is pretty fast.

I have not ordered, but I think I did pick up some in the store, one of the few times I got to visit one. Having said that, I am a very regular customer, and they have one of the BEST customer service departments I have ever dealt with. If you try it and are not satisfied, I am totally confident they will take care of you. They advertise 100% satisfaction guarantee, and they stand by that.

I have got to remember to put that on my "wish list" so I get when I hit the shipping max. To just order that, the shipping cost seems a little steep to me. But then I am fortunate to have a great Weber dealer locally and several other places that carry it.

I was poking on the site (I'm a river smallmouth bass fisherman) so use them a lot for other stuff. I remembered the post here about wood chunks. Take a look, they had some at $2.00 or more off a bag that was in the "Bargain Cave".

Cabellas Wood

Or - do they always do that?

I've ordered from them twice now, and the wood is just fine. The chunks are smaller then the ones you get from smokinlicious though. I'd say on avg. they are 1/3 of a fist size pieces. Smokinlicious cost more, but the chunks are consistant size and larger. It will probably take a year or better to get through the 5 bags I bought from cabellas, but I may go back to smokinlicious next time. With the cabellas wood I feel like I'm digging trying to find the bigger pieces.

Brandon

Back