butts over briskets

Jay

TVWBB Super Fan
did a big cook on my offset,4 butts over 3 briskets.. i know its not a wsm but wanted to share with the community..

Guess you're being literal when you say "share with the community". That's a heck of a lot of meat and it all looks great. Very nice offset smoker too.

thanks guys,ive yet to load that big boy up either,lol,hopefully for my "end of summer bbq"

Don't worry if your not using a weber product. Let's bbq and share our stories and recipes.

That's a good looking cook. Do you still get good smoke with the box being on the same side as the stack? Most offsets ive seen the smoke crosses the cooking section then out the stack. I don't have a lot experience with an offset so just wondering.

That's a good looking cook. Do you still get good smoke with the box being on the same side as the stack? Most offsets ive seen the smoke crosses the cooking section then out the stack. I don't have a lot experience with an offset so just wondering.

Offsets with the smoke stack on the same side as the fire box are called reverse flow smokers. There is a chamber that passes under the meat and dumps the smoke/heat out at the opposit end of the fire box.

That's a rockin smoker, something you'd see at the competitions. Nice cook, those Briskets are WOW!

Sean,just as MichaelD wrote its a reverse flow so the smoke travels from the firebox and across the bottom half of the tank (due to a steel plate) and up and back across the tank and over the meat and out the stack. And yes it implements great smoke on the meat and cooks evenly but is a fuel hog,lol.

That is epic! Someday I'll get a rig like that...if I can just figure out how to get it past the wife! Haha

Thanks for sharing.

That is epic! Someday I'll get a rig like that...if I can just figure out how to get it past the wife! Haha

Thanks for sharing.

Just do it and when you get it smoke everything to keep momma out the kitchen and she will soon forget the purchase, lol.

Nice looking cook and smoker!!! How are you controlling both fans, are they hooked up in series, two controllers??

Nice looking cook and smoker!!! How are you controlling both fans, are they hooked up in series, two controllers??

Thanks John. The fans are BBQ guru 25 cfm each and are connected to one digi q dx2 via a splitter that I got from BBQ guru site. I definitely saw an improvement on fuel efficiency and was able to get some zzzzzs. They are super quiet in my opinion .

Back