Butcher Paper Questions

There are no peaches in peach-treated paper. Also, there are no butchers in butcher paper. :D

Probably no crafters in the beige Kraftwrap I got at Michael's on closeout. 30" x 16' for $1.49. I'm going to do a brisket in the next few days & use it as a cheap stand-in for some pink butcher paper.
It doesn't seem to be coated. If it doesn't leave us twitching on the floor & dead due to chemical impurities, I'll write a report.

I have used the white roll at the Costco Business Center, and now I use it for everything--including wrapping my sandwiches for work. I keep getting comments like, "Where did you get that sandwich today?"
Butcher paper has so many uses other than for wrapping brisket or ribs. Just buy it.

BTW, the paper at Costco business is just paper--no plasticky/waxy lining or anything like that. And I never taste bleach.

I was having this disscussion with a friend at work, about wrapping ribs and such in butchers paper.
White vs pink, coated, etc...When someone chimed in "why not use cooking parchment papar?".
No coating, won't absorb liquids and it made to go in the oven. Hmmm.. has me thinking.

I was having this disscussion with a friend at work, about wrapping ribs and such in butchers paper.
White vs pink, coated, etc...When someone chimed in "why not use cooking parchment papar?".
No coating, won't absorb liquids and it made to go in the oven. Hmmm.. has me thinking.

I've used it. It works. The biggest problem with it is the 15" width. It makes it hard to wrap a large piece of meat.

We have Steak peach paper at work. I think I'm going to try a few sheets of that on my next brisket. I hate the foil.

I have never used the butcher paper, but your right as it seems if folks are wrapping then they are using the butcher paper over aluminum foil now days

I have never used the butcher paper, but your right as it seems if folks are wrapping then they are using the butcher paper over aluminum foil now days

Well, keep in mind that a lot of people are chasing Texas barbecue styles. It's just what is popular right now. Anyone doing comps is probably using foil. I prefer butcher paper or unwrapped but its all good. It's not going to miracle a brisket into being better.

Back