Burnt Ends

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Point saved from a recent cooked packer. Reseasoned point with some more Head Country rub and red oak for smoke, 225* on the kettle
P1030570.jpg

After 3 hours
P1030572.jpg

Cubed up and tossed in a little Head Country BBQ sauce and Head Country rub
P1030574.jpg

Pic of my nearly completed kitchen/bar
P1030579.jpg

Plated with some homemade mac salad, homemade leftover slaw and some brussel sprouts cooked on the wok
P1030583.jpg

Wow, everything looks great John! The food and your outdoor area!

Your picture of your macaroni salad now has me craving some. Do you mind sharing the recipe?

Nice looking food, nice looking backyard setup. Did you freeze the point or was it recent enough to be kept refrigerated?

There's the pic of the outdoor kitchen--very nice! And so is the cook! That's a great meal: pork, brussel sprouts, macaroni salad and slaw--all my favorites!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ethan G:
Nice looking food, nice looking backyard setup. Did you freeze the point or was it recent enough to be kept refrigerated? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was vacuum sealed and frozen

John...Great looking burnt ends and outdoor kitchen.

The only flaw I see with the setup is that the fridge is too small to hold all the beer you'll need for the TVWBB get together.
icon_wink.gif

Awesome looking food could eat that for breakfast, lunch and supper, very very nice cooking area John, ask santa for a ice maker, again awesome kitchen.

Beautiful all around. I would think that re-heating the point would make it really dried out. Guess not. Is it the kryovac that saves it?

Nice job on the kitchen set up. I believe you had some pics of it a couple months back when it wasn't so far along. Are you doing it all yourself?

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JSMcdowell:
Great looking food and outdoor kitchen.

Too bad the Braves on the TV didn't win... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like a Padres uni to me. Probably the gigantes series, ummm game 3, 4th inning....

Yup that outdoor kitchen and bar is a sight to behold. No wonder you cook so good!!!

Thanks for sharing. I have yet to do burnt ends cause I love to eat the point as is. Oh well maybe later.

Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim L.:
Beautiful all around. I would think that re-heating the point would make it really dried out. Guess not. Is it the kryovac that saves it?

Nice job on the kitchen set up. I believe you had some pics of it a couple months back when it wasn't so far along. Are you doing it all yourself?

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The point is pretty fatty piece of meat so it doesn't dry out except around the edges but thats the whole idea.

We hired a guy to build our kitchen, all I did was design it.

John, you made my day. It's a quiet, late, rainy, cold evening at work and here you've given us a plate of burnt ends.
icon_smile.gif
Lovin' the outdoor kitchen too!

Back