Burned by counterfeits, Amazon and Weber grill rogue sellers in suit over bogus BBQ covers

While I applaud their efforts..... this is a problem that Amazon has both enabled as well as created. The people named in the suit will be overseas and out of reach, and I would expect to simply disappear and reappear under another identity.

Like spam phone calls, this won't stop until there are heads on pikes. And I really don't have any suggestions on how to get there.

Related note..... T-shirt sellers are even worse and more scummy. They web scrape online presences, looking for phrases like "I want that on a shirt!" and nearly always set it up using an automated system. Some people have figured out how to game that system with.... let's just say interesting images that I'm pretty sure that the vendors really don't want to send out.

Interesting, that's probably what happened to me. About 2 years ago I bought what I thought was a Weber cover for my Genesis, it didn't last a year before it started coming apart.

Back