Burglars, Beans and Poppers

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
So, today the CEO, God Bless her is making all the traditional cookies she got from my Mom and driving me crazy all day with the wonderful aromas. First the prunes, raisins and I don't know what else soaking for hours, with the addition of nuts and I don't know what else will become the finished stuffing you see here for Cialucci. She also made the dough for Bourbon Balls and my favorite, Patzelles.

DSC00536_zps4fa0135d.jpg

DSC00540_zpsde08dfd6.jpg

DSC00537_zps620d4cb9.jpg

Meanwhile, tonight I made poppers with Philly Cream Cheese and grated sharp Dubliner Cheese.

DSC00548_zpse170f508.jpg

Burglars seasoned simply with S&P, one left over Buffalo Burger in there too

DSC00546_zpsb77a9a13.jpg

Poppers about done on the Genni, and Burgers after the first turn

DSC00549_zpsbc2b7a24.jpg

DSC00553_zpsefe8a2f1.jpg

All getting cheesy

DSC00554_zpsfdb85477.jpg

Your plate, enjoy

DSC00556_zpsab41eb33.jpg

Buddy Bill, can I come over to your house for Christmas? Don't worry, I won't be dropping in un-expectantly! And if I happen to make it... Ho-Ho-Ho!

That's one nice feast the Mrs. is creating for sure! Burgers and poppers are spot on, you're eating good there Bill!

Thats some great eats for sure Bill, and I love what the CEO is making.
My baking is done, but for the Pecan Pie. Wishing you, Mrs and family a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Great job to both of you. That is a classic burger Bill. Looks like a fancy Christmas is in your future...

Regards,

John

Bill my friend...you are the grill master, however does the CEO package and ship those cookies by any chance? I'm not picking sides here buddy, it's just that those cookies look like they would ship better.

Merry Christmas to you and your family my friend!

Wonderful post Bill. You are right, the smells in the kitchen are a such a part of the Holiday season. Your wife's cooking looks fantastic. The Cialucci sounds delicious and the Pizzelles look fantastic. I'd like to give them a try but I'd have to get an iron. It goes without saying that cheese burger plate looks fantastic too. I like how you did the poppers, half peppers stuffed. That is much easier than slitting the whole peppers. Very nice job, both of you.

Bill,
Your burgers look....OK.
Your poppers look....OK.

Your wife's Patzelles look ...GREAT!
She is obviously an authentic Italian/Sicilian. My family has gotten together for years to make christmas cookies with pizelles being the focus. My grandmother (married to my sicilian grandfather) led the charge. Women in kitchen, men drinking beers and staying out of the way. Thanks for sharing this Bill.

Back