Burger rub?

Millsy

TVWBB Fan
What do you guys use for your burger rub?Is it different than your steak rub?I use the same but was thinking of making one just for burgers and was wondering if anyone wanted to share there's?

I cheat sometimes and use Weber gourmet seasoning on burgers or mad hunky or magic dust rub (both gen purpose rubs). Cant go wrong with s&p, lawrys seasoning salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Too!!

I'm a Weber fan and try to use their seasonings too. I use their gourmet burger seasoning for burgers. Also use their Kick'n chicken, beer can chicken and veggie grill seasoning.

Some years ago, I bought a nice little book on seasonings. After thoroughly reading the book, I settled on the seasonings I wanted. I went to the market to get the various spices, etc. There was a brand new display of McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning. I carefully read the label and, low and behold, it had the exact same spices, etc I was looking for. I took a bottle of it home and that became my "go to" seasoning for burgers, chops, and steaks.

FWIW
Dale53

Weber's gourmet burger is my favorite for regular supermarket ground beef. I use only S&P if I'm grinding it myself or if I've made a trip to the butcher for his burger meat.

I usually use McCormick low sodium Montreal steak seas , a little bit of A1 and a shot of worchestshire....

I use Cavender's. It's this Greek spice mix that you can find at many supermarkets. It's nothing unexpected (salt, pepper, rosemary, etc. etc.) but it's nice and it's good on many things. For most dishes I'll rotate through 2-3 favorite rubs just for the variety of it all, but for some reason with burgers I pretty much always use Cavender's.

I usually use McCormick low sodium Montreal steak seas , a little bit of A1 and a shot of worchestshire....

My beef go to is Montreal Steak Spice. I use it on brisket as well. It works really good as a burger topping or mixed right in. Wonderful in meat loaf also.

Bacon... :D hehe.. I actually generally stick with a bit of pepper and some Habanero sea salt... simple and easy and tasty.

3 ingredients make an amazing burger.

1) Quality beef, 85-85%
2) Quality sea salt, healthy dosing
3) Quality pepper at the end

-when I say quality, I mean a good quality, not a brand. lol...
Go to a local farmers market and purchase seasonings there. It's almost always better quality and just as much if not a little cheaper to purchase.

Anyways...have your burger near room temp before going on and cook to med. The salt will create a nice crust and when mixed with the fat that will come out of the burger...it just makes the best burger ever.

I have spent a ton of money on all of those rubs, shakers, etc and always came back to the salt and pepper burger. The thing I dont like about the rubs, shakers and seasonings...in the end, you taste those instead of the meat. I do think that rubs and such have their place, but not on a burger.

3 ingredients make an amazing burger.

1) Quality beef, 85-85%
2) Quality sea salt, healthy dosing
3) Quality pepper at the end

-when I say quality, I mean a good quality, not a brand. lol...
Go to a local farmers market and purchase seasonings there. It's almost always better quality and just as much if not a little cheaper to purchase.

Anyways...have your burger near room temp before going on and cook to med. The salt will create a nice crust and when mixed with the fat that will come out of the burger...it just makes the best burger ever.

I have spent a ton of money on all of those rubs, shakers, etc and always came back to the salt and pepper burger. The thing I dont like about the rubs, shakers and seasonings...in the end, you taste those instead of the meat. I do think that rubs and such have their place, but not on a burger.

Yes-Sir I would agree.
For years I bought good natural Farm raised Black Angus whole or halves and the beef needed nothing more than S&P.
Now Supermarket beef IMO needs all the help that it can get as far as added flavor.:)

Tim

Back