Budlight is no longer a OTS

Bill

TVWBB Super Fan
My thermo and lid holder arrived a couple days ago. Left work early to go to the doctor and got out of there early enough that I did some work on the Budlight kettle. Took a chore boy and some dish soap/water and scrubbed off the rust in the lid dings. Then I installed the thermo. Started small and worked up to my biggest bit. Turns out it wasn't big enough for I wiggled it around some until it fit. Then I went outside and slapped the lid holder on the bowl. Next, I took some rustoleum high heat grill paint(black) and an old paint brush(sprayed the paint into a cup until it pooled) and touched up the dings. There's some overlap onto the blue, but I wanted to make sure I covered all the metal to keep the rust at bay. I wondered if the cover would fit w/the lid holder on. Turns out with a little shimmying, it fits just fine. Not sure if I should still refer to it as a OTS since adding the ash catcher and these mods. But anyway, here's the pics.

Thanks guys.
As for the ash saucer, Jim. It's been removed, and laying on the triangle, not sure what else to do w/it. Also didn't want to remove and lose the clips incase I need them for something in the future.

holy shnikees! I just realized something. that top handle isn't readable from the preferred orientation. this will not stand!

Looks good Bill! Curious though, what all did you have to do to add the ash catcher? The only thing I don't like about my OTS is the ash pan.

Looks good Bill! Curious though, what all did you have to do to add the ash catcher? The only thing I don't like about my OTS is the ash pan.

took off the ot handle, slipped assembly in place, replaced ot handle. as long as yours isn't too old(meaning the leg brackets are compatible), that's all it should take.

Now all you need is the side handle with the tool hooks from a 2013 22.5" OTG and it'll be perfect.

Tempting as that may be, I'm pretty happy w/it as it is now. For now, the only other mods I can see me doing is a hinged grate and the charcoal holders. And even those will wait until I think I need them.

Back