Bubba Keg

Does anybody have any experience with the Bubba Keg? I saw one for the first time at Home Depot tonight. It is the general shape and function of a kamado-style ceramic cooker, but instead of ceramic, it was double layer steel. So, thermal mass-wise, maybe not quite as good as ceramic, but probably the next best thing. It was also much lighter (more easily transported) and less likely to break if dropped. And at $450, it was a fraction of the price of a Big Green Egg or similar.

go to bubbakeg.com they have their own following as well. Im thinking about getting one also. people leve em. good luck

I have never tried one or seen one being used but have seen some pics on other forums I frequent and the food that comes off looks really good and they seem to be a joy to cook with.

If that's a Bubba Keg at that price and you want the trailer hitch adapter it comes with it's a great deal. They rebranded it Big Steel Keg this year so no more Bubba Keg.

I've been posting about my Big Steel Keg here.

The description on the label mentioned a trailer hitch, but I wasn't sure what that was. Is it something to fit in a receiver to carry it? Or is it to pull it? I can't imagine needing to pull it with a vehicle, nor would I imagine it holdin up to that.

I searched here for Bubba Keg, but didn't get any hits. There was no indication on the Bubba Keg web site that they changed the name.

I found the answer to my question. Seems you have to read the forums on bubbakeg to get much information. The trailer adapter apparently allows to carry the cooker on a receiver hitch.

I also see that the newer Big Steel Egg sells around $700. Not as affordable or that much of a break compared to a BGE as the $450 for the older model at Home Depot. I could see spending $450 on a grill someday, but $700 is back in BGE territory for me, which is, "I don't see it ever happening."

I saw one a these today at a HD for $299.00 I know this thread is 2 months old but this looked like a steel BGE first time I ever saw one . Looked well made IMO anyway . I almost bought it for the halibut but couldn't see a use for it here .

Back