Bruce, your competition LOL

Bruce, I don't think I see a $125 grill in the bunch. But I guarantee you I don't see a $250 grill there.
$250 for the whole lot of them might be a little bit to much.

I have sold three E3xx grills. All completely rehabbed and none over $350. That does look all stainless and that would boost is probably $50 in my area anyway.

What strikes me is that it is already loaded up. My guess is the guy bought it for a much lower price and took a picture before he even unloaded it from his truck and is using that for his add. He is probably going for a straight buy/sell flip on that. Looks like it comes with CI and some SS rod grates too. But I would love a photo of the cabinet.

I would put my worst rehab up against that grill. He didn't do anything to the interior of the cook box. My guess is he painted right over the peeling paint and crud on both the end caps and cook box. I don't like the flat black on the end caps either. He didn't clean the inside of the lid and the outside isn't nice and shiny. The shelf end caps are not cleaned up very well.

It is a good amature effort of rehabbing a grill and one that would be good for someone doing the grill for themselves, but not for flipping IMO.

He is the Chicago area, about 3-4 hours from me, so not really any competition for me even if he was doing a more thorough job.

If he gets $175, I would be really surprised.

The listing that started this thread gets reposted about once a week, dropping $5 each time. Down to $160 now. There's quite a few 3 burner models available right now for $100 or so - hard to see anyone paying that much for a 2 burner model at this time of year.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/for/d/weber-gas-grill/6690992773.html

The listing that started this thread gets reposted about once a week, dropping $5 each time. Down to $160 now. There's quite a few 3 burner models available right now for $100 or so - hard to see anyone paying that much for a 2 burner model at this time of year.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/for/d/weber-gas-grill/6690992773.html

Dave I agree that grill for a 2 burner is way overpriced they did a good job you would be lucky in ATL to get 70 bucks for that grill only because what they did to it would you get even that. Different market maybe in Chicago demand for a 2 burner here not so much the 2 burners down here on craigslist seem to sit forever.

Yep I see that one all the time. Ya gotta give him an A for stubborn. If it was a nice 3 burner I don't think he'd have trouble but also we're seeing a flood of people who bought the new ones marked down and are flipping them. The market is flooded with them even here in the hinterlands and beyond

Back