BRITU?

Dan Allen

TVWBB Super Fan
Ok, my WSM is coming Monday from Amazon (UPS tracking number shows it as being in Chicago, yay).

SWMBO picked up a cryovac of baby-backs at Sam's today.

I keep seeing references to BRITU all over the site but a search isn't showing me the actual recipe. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Found it. Never mind all.
icon_biggrin.gif

I just this minute finished assembling the WSM. Ribs are this weekend's project.
icon_smile.gif

Note, the waterpan was slightly damaged around the edge in two places. Dented down to the bare metal. I'm going to call Weber tomorrow about a replacement. I had to think about it for a minute because I'm going to 'upgrade' the waterpan anyway. Heck, I paid for it. The rest of the unit seems ok.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob H.:
So how did they turn out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Save yourself some trouble and get one of these. I did, and it saved a few "peeks" into the WSM to check water. One fill, and it lasts a long time...

Charcoal Pan for a Water Pan

EDIT: Whoops sorry, re-read your message and saw that you are going to update the pan anyhow. Will leave the link for others.

Save yourself some time and use sand. Save a little money too because the weber pan is plenty big enough for sand.

Or get two Brinkman pans and try that Peidmont water pan idea.

I have nothing against using water except the cleanup.

I'm going to run with water a few times to get used to the unit. After that I'm planning on trying the Piedmont setup.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jerry N.:
Save yourself some time and use sand. Save a little money too because the weber pan is plenty big enough for sand.

Or get two Brinkman pans and try that Peidmont water pan idea.

I have nothing against using water except the cleanup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back