BRITU Ribs - 2nd Time...

M Morrill

TVWBB Member
My first attempt at BRITU ribs was ok at best so today I tried again. It took 7:48 from the time I decided to start the cook until I put them on a plate. Went really well this time and they taste great. Here is the picture/story...

IMG_6609_zps9fc2937a.jpg

I followed the BRITU recipe and here are my ribs before the lid went down. I bought the Swift premium 3 pack from Costco. Cost me $20 and they came ready to cook with the membrane removed.

IMG_6638_zps1e735be2.jpg

This is after 5 hours on the WSM. My temps were perfect but I forgot to check my water pan after 4.5 hours. The water burned off and temps soared from 278 to 310 for the last 1/2 hour. I caught it at the 5 hour mark and pulled them. Seems just fine to me.

IMG_6639_zpsa1bc8ccc.jpg

Here is the finished product. I now have two cats and a dog at attention so I guess it must be good!

Rib rack and you don't have to roll them. I never liked the ribs rolled.

Do you mean weave them on the rib rack? I only have an 18.5 WSm and the ribs would have to be bent against the lid. The other issue would be the higher temps from the heat coming up around the water pan. I tried to keep them towards the center so I would not get uneven cooking as they left the protection of the waterpan.

Am I missing something as I really don't like rolling them either. Maybe my ribs came from a really tall pig?:D

Great looking ribs! My opinion: ribs are very forgiving. Just about any temp and any configuration. Racked, rolled or stacked, it's still all pork goodness!

Excellent ribs! I have lately just cut my ribs in half and then put on the WSM! No burnt end pieces and a little faster cook. I either put them on the grate or in a rib rack to cook this way. Just my 2 cents worth. :cool:

Back