Brisket vote..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Speirs

TVWBB Member
This weekend will be my first brisket mission and I have done my research through this wonderful forum, question is...
High heat or Slow? And what would be the determing weight of the meat to be able to do HH, for example if I can only get 2 5lbers would that be too small to do HH or dosen't matter?

Thanks!!

Gerry, Last week I did a HH cook on brisket trimmings. To explain, I had trimmed a 14lb for comp prior to cooking and had some fairly nice pieces that I had frozen. I got a new finishing sauce and wanted to try ir on some presentation slices before the big comp next weekend. So Yes, you can cook smaller brisket HH. There are however some considerations and the timing will be a bit different that a full packer. Just watch it and all will be fine.
As far as which method to use, that is a persoanal choice. A slow cook is probably more forgiving in that the done window is larger. If you have the time and want to try a longer cook go for it. I have done both but for the past year pretty much stay with the HH even in comp and have placed very well.

Mark

Gerry, i only do HH with briskets. I've found out the hard way to measure the brisket length wise before I buy. Weight is not a considering factor for me . Just the size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back