Brisket source in Tampa area?

I had not shopped at wallmart for months or years...they seem to have packers in stock more than anyone else around here-I do not shop at sam's or bj's-they have had them in the past.
Tom Ferguson is in your area. Drop him an email.

Eric,

Check out Sanwa wholesale. They have packers for 1.65 lb.

They are on east hillsborough ave and close very early like 1:30 pm.

It's a restaurant supply house , but open to the public.

Check out the high temp brisket thread, last page, I posted the particulars there.

Thanks Craig. I'm going to stop by today and pick up two briskets and four butts for Sunday's big cook.

You going to the Plant City Pig Jam next month?

I'd like a source for flats north of tampa...say 4 hours north?

I can get packers form wal-mart, decent price, or injected and expensive flats. I've been buying packers and cutting off the point. nobody likes it enough to mess with it.

I bought a packer from Wally-World last week and cut it in half so it would fit on the top grate.

I took a sample from the flat to a friends house and gave the rest to my son. Everybody raved about it! When I got home we cut into the larger end and there was nothing but fat. I trimmed this very well before cooking but the thicker end had more "marble" than most butts I've done. We got a couple of good bites out of it and threw the rest out.

I went back a few days later and Wally-World refused to give me a partial refund without returning the meat. I guess there's a reason why they get $1.50 per pound vs $4 a pound elsewhere.

Back