Brisket Prices

Just bought a 6lb semi-trimmed flat @ BJs Wholesale in Westminster, MD. $5.79/lb. Ouch. Local butcher has untrimmed packers for $4.99/lb.

Beef prices are getting out of hand.

We just bought a 15 pound packer from a local grocery store for $6.99/pound.

I have a $100 piece of beef waiting to go on the smoker... I sure hope I don't mess this up!

we got a 11.6 lb whole packer $4.99/lb for prime on sale. butcher stated it was cheaper to get bigger-sized prime than to get the smaller-sized choice packers for them, now. this is in central valley, ca.

That will probably be a flat. Wegmans calls it "First Cut". They are big, but the point is missing. :)

Wegmans here in the North East has them for $6.79/LB at about 5LBs....I've never done one but I have been really wanting to...I think I might give it a go...

I paid $5/lb for 5 Star Wagyu two weeks ago from a wholesaler who sells to retail customers on a walk-up basis. Low $3's at Costco Bus Ctr or Cash & Carry/Smart & Final for whole Choice packers.

Walmart in Rowlett TX had choice packers for $2.49lb on Wednesday.
That has been the regular price for a while.
I picked out a very nice looking 10#er that is very consistent thickness from one end to the other.
I cooked ribs this morning and we had them for lunch today and the brisket is for lunch tomorrow.
Since there was plenty of life left in the charcoal I whipped up a batch of sweet pecans and smoked them for a couple hours too.

One of the many benefits of living in Texas is the price of brisket. Choice is under $3.00. Nice prime packers are under $4.00. In addition, H.E.B. supermarkets (everywhere down here) usually have a selection of 10 or more in each category.

One of the many benefits of living in Texas is the price of brisket. Choice is under $3.00. Nice prime packers are under $4.00. In addition, H.E.B. supermarkets (everywhere down here) usually have a selection of 10 or more in each category.

Called a couple of my butchers in Toronto area and they told me $6.99. Called the farm and got a price around $5

Just picked up a choice full packer at Smart & Final for $3.35 a pound. I rarely see full packers at the local Costco.

Thought about doing a brisket this week but the prices are unbelievable. We are in AZ for winter (Tucson area) and the cheapest I could find was $6.29/lb at Costco. Safeway was $8.99/lb! I hadn't looked at briskets for awhile and was shocked at the price. Is it that way all over the country?

My butcher has been doing me for $4.49 lb. That's a full packer, I usually buy two of them, at least 15 lbs each. We love the leftovers. We live in S Florida, so we always pay a little extra for trucking.

CraigW

Back