Brisket Marinade method

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Miller

TVWBB Member
Has anyone tried the Head Country recipe where you marinate the brisket overnight?
This is what their website says to follow:

Generously season the brisket with Head Country Seasoning and rub into the brisket with the heel of your hand. Leave the "fat cap" intact and season it as well. Place in large plastic bag. Add Bor-De-Lay Sauce. Seal bag and refrigerate from one hour to overnight.

I bought a bottle of their marinade but have not tried it yet. I love their rub and sauce and am thinking about trying their method sometime soon.
Here is a link to the full recipe: http://www.headcountry.com/cgi-bin/recipes?article=6
Any thoughts?

Scott, Big, Big Head Country Fan Here. Yes i have and it's my second favorite way to make brisket. Bryan

Scott,

First things first...I'm not a brisket expert. I have done several using the Brisket - Wet Rub method from the cooking section. Each one, without exception, have been fantastic. I've gotten rave reviews from all takers. The thing I liked about it is all the ingredients are already on my shelf.

Enjoy.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bryan S:
Scott, Big, Big Head Country Fan Here. Yes i have and it's my second favorite way to make brisket. Bryan <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And your favorite way for brisket is?

Scott, LOL
icon_biggrin.gif
How did i know that question was coming. Here you go buddyBrisket Recipe.Go about 1/4 of the way down the page. It's so easy and delicious.
On the H C recipe i don't put the BBQ sauce on when i foil. Bryan

Scott,
I Q'd with a team this summer that injected the Bor-de-lay marinade into their briskets. It was pretty tasty. Something else to add to your Q techniques.
icon_razz.gif

Thanks-I just used the Texas BBq Rub#1 on my first chuck roll last weekend. Excellent!
I will def try the worsty/rub method on my next brisket as well as the H.Country method and compare them.

I will be trying the #1 rub on spares and #2 rub on some thighs this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back