Brisket for brew day

Brad Chilton

TVWBB Fan
Brewing an IPA tomorrow so I'm throwing on a brisket at midnight ...it's a full packer around 13 pounds ... Here it is all rubbed an waiting ..... I will update at pics as the cook progresses ...

null_zps9af49031.jpg

Last edited:
It's 5:30 here and d I just wrapped in butcher paper ...internal temp was around 158 , color of bark good ...pit temp had risin to 271 from the 219 I had left it when I went to bed around 1:30 ... it was to dark to take a pic so we will have to wait till later ...

It's 5:30 here and d I just wrapped in butcher paper ...internal temp was around 158 , color of bark good ...pit temp had risin to 271 from the 219 I had left it when I went to bed around 1:30 ... it was to dark to take a pic so we will have to wait till later ...

More important....how is the IPA coming? :)

So it's 10 am here ... Pulled meat off smoker at nine , temp showed to be 195 and probed quite softly ...and let rest for an hour to slice off part of the point for burnt ends with the rest going back in the cooler wrapped in foil for later ... Here is the q view so far....it's as tender and juicy !!! Pics of meat and the green flash IPA clone we are brewing 10 gal of today

null_zps1b47beab.jpg

null_zps319057fa.jpg

null_zps758c7095.jpg

null_zpsbe518cb9.jpg

Brad, your homebrew system is awesome! I'm throwing in the towel on mine - I've done 4 extract brews, and while they (for the most part) turned out good, it seems to me that it's a long run for a short gain (for me). HOWEVER, the brisket looks delicious!!!

Back