Brined thighs and hanging tenders

Preston B

TVWBB Fan
Did some boneless skinless thighs in a pan again. Got these right at 180 they were good. The hanging tenders i hot tubbed for like 30 minutes they were 98 IT when out of the bath. Cooked them raised direct over the vortex in the summitt. The kids are eating them too so i took them to 135 but with the bath first they were still cooked nicely.12708AFD-AEDC-498C-8DEA-C671075E200D.jpegC4E407BB-2560-4978-9C96-9ED17178FD82.jpegF80DB9FA-4D9A-4ACC-AA22-847C4E823D96.jpeg9B3B6BB1-FF29-4E05-ABAE-9AF3A1CDEF4D.jpegD185BE15-759F-43CA-BC55-5824AAA5AD34.jpegF685ADE9-E629-431E-BE38-2840A61A1A87.jpeg

You're killin' me, Preston. That is a sensational cook. Those tenders would not last 5 minutes over here. Love that chef's knife, btw. Gorgeous.

I agree. Curious on the mini-loaf pans, what does that do?

Tim
Its only my 2nd time using them but it works good. They stay rolled up well and they end up braising in their drippings. I removed them from the pan around 165 and finished indirect to 180 with a couple mops.

Looks outstanding Preston. I especially like the tenders. I remember seeing a similar set up for thighs on youtube a couple of years ago but I don't think I ever got around to it.

I have individual mini loaf pans that I think I am going to try that next time. I love chicken thighs. Everytime I see you use your sous vide cooks I think I need to add one to my arsenal. Great cooks!

I have individual mini loaf pans that I think I am going to try that next time. I love chicken thighs. Everytime I see you use your sous vide cooks I think I need to add one to my arsenal. Great cooks!
I didnt even use the sous vide just hot tap water. It comes out of my tap around 110 and usually after an hour or so and a couple water changes the meat is around 100 IT. Helps you end up with less gray even if you overshoot the temp a little.

I didnt even use the sous vide just hot tap water. It comes out of my tap around 110 and usually after an hour or so and a couple water changes the meat is around 100 IT. Helps you end up with less gray even if you overshoot the temp a little.
Ok so what would be a good meat to try this technique out as a naivest? what tips/guide could you offfer?

Ok so what would be a good meat to try this technique out as a naivest? what tips/guide could you offfer?
Thats how i cook all my steaks. Season them like half what you normally would and put in a gallon zip lock. Fill a tub with hot sink water like 110 range and put the bag in and push down to get the air out. I usually put a clip on the bag on the sid eof the container to stop it from moving much and just change the water out with fresh hot water a couple times. I usually let them go 45mins to an hour depending on thickness. After you take them out hit them with the other half of the seasoning you normally would have used. Its basically like people used to say leaves steaks out to get to room temp bit this gets them the same temp throughout and then less grill time to dry them out. Im doing a tri tip later I will post pics of the hot tub its really simple.

Thats how i cook all my steaks. Season them like half what you normally would and put in a gallon zip lock. Fill a tub with hot sink water like 110 range and put the bag in and push down to get the air out. I usually put a clip on the bag on the sid eof the container to stop it from moving much and just change the water out with fresh hot water a couple times. I usually let them go 45mins to an hour depending on thickness. After you take them out hit them with the other half of the seasoning you normally would have used. Its basically like people used to say leaves steaks out to get to room temp bit this gets them the same temp throughout and then less grill time to dry them out. Im doing a tri tip later I will post pics of the hot tub its really simple.
Preston that is really cook, thank you for what you have already shared, I will be looking forward to the tri tip. How much less does it shorten the grill time? Does that make it easier to over shoot temps?

Everything looks awesome! Thighs are a staple around our house so we’ll definitely be ordering a mini loaf pan. Have you used the same pan for bone in? And do they fit ok? Some of them look a little tight in there. 🍻

Link to pans, @Preston B?

I think I would fashion some sort of foil cupcake liner for each of those compartments... Cleaning that pan can't be fun. 😄

Also i cant take credit for this at all i had seen it and always wanted to try it and i think it was the guy that started Jambo pits on pitmasters that i saw do it again so i finally ordered some to try.

Back