Brined pork loin & chops

Jim H.

TVWBB All-Star
a.k.a how to stretch your meat buying dollar. :cool:

Bought a 5 lb. pork loin on sale @ Kroger for $1.99/lb. Brined all day while at work in a basic brown sugar & kosher salt brine, rinsed, dried and cut in two. Half was cut into 1" chops, the other half was left intact for slicing the next day. I seasoned the whole loin with Penzey's 33rd & Galena. Since I brined the whole thing, I didn't want it to be too salty. Seasoned the chops with Penzey's Arizona Dreaming. Awesome salt-free seasonings!

Chops were seared & glazed indirect, then I seared the remaining loin and set indirect with some hickory wood for some smoky goodness.

All in all, this stretched out to three meals. Four if you count me taking a pork chop to work two days after cooking.

No prep pics. One day, I will remember to take pics of an entire cook... maybe. ;)

On the Performer.
1023121836a_zps1dff2e9e.jpg

Chops pulled & resting. Glazed with some SBR original, mixed with Stubb's & some Tiger Sauce.

1023121840_zps2d21e120.jpg

Here's your plate. Nothing like homemade mashed potatoes & a little salad with the absolutely last homegrown tomato of the year.

1024122019b_zps369a5c2e.jpg

Thanks for looking!

That indirect glaze made some beautiful looking pork! And I bet it tasted just as good as it looked!

Back