Brian O'Neal's Wooden Handles

Originally posted by Jeff Kolodziejski:
I thought I would switch out the plastic handles on Big Blue on put a couple of Brian's wood handles on it. I think it looks better. Does anyone think it looked better with the plastic ones?

Hey Brian...wouldn't this one look nice in Meza Azul????? LOL! Schedule a "play date"
icon_smile.gif

grills001.jpg

grills002.jpg

Flat Top era kettle: Definatly WOOD! That <span class="ev_code_BLUE">blue</span> looks so cool and sharp with those handles from Brian!! I think you could cash in and make your back patio a museum and charge us to all come and admire the collection.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Originally posted by Jeff Kolodziejski:
Does anyone think it looked better with the plastic ones?

No way Jeff. The wood handles are the only way to go.

I was firing up the smoker this morning and for some reason my Weber chimney starter caught my eye, and I started wondering what it would look like with one of Brian's wood handles on it.

...maybe this is an untapped market, Brian? Or maybe I have finally gone crazy.

I've got a beat up wooden handle on mine. It was the original lid handle on my red kettle.

Originally posted by Mike Stavlund:
I was firing up the smoker this morning and for some reason my Weber chimney starter caught my eye, and I started wondering what it would look like with one of Brian's wood handles on it.

...maybe this is an untapped market, Brian? Or maybe I have finally gone crazy.

Not crazy as far as I'm concerned. I did this a few years ago when I flipped the grate.

DSCN3852.JPG

DSCN3854.JPG

Hey Brian - Would you be willing to toss a couple handles in the mail to Canada? My wsm and kettle could use a little sprucing up!

Cheers,
Stefan

Hi all,

Per our forum rules, Brian is not allowed to directly solicit sales through posts. If interested in his product, want prices, or want to know if he will ship to your location, please email him directly. You can find his email address in his profile.

Thanks!
Chris

Jeff's photos are always a teaser...looking at the reflection in the window there are a lot more kettles in the room with him

Originally posted by Chris Allingham:
Hi all,

Per our forum rules, Brian is not allowed to directly solicit sales through posts. If interested in his product, want prices, or want to know if he will ship to your location, please email him directly. You can find his email address in his profile.

Thanks!
Chris

Ah, that's why I could never get Brian to give me a quote on the handle price. I couldn't figure out why he was being so mysterious. Now it all makes sense, he was being a good forum member. Don't I feel dumb.
icon_rolleyes.gif

This is what my charcoal starter looks like. I decided to drill two holes in the metal and go with the vintage style handle. The newer single hole handle might tend to spin around some, the handle on the starter doesn't have the two prongs sticking up like the kettle to stop the handles from spinning around. I had this piece of wood with an awesome burl on it so I used it. Maybe it was too nice for the starter, but hey why not......

dsc07119o.jpg

By zavod44 at 2012-07-06

And as always...per forum rules...email me if your interested.

Originally posted by Brian O'Neal:
This is what my charcoal starter looks like. I decided to drill two holes in the metal and go with the vintage style handle. The newer single hole handle might tend to spin around some, the handle on the starter doesn't have the two prongs sticking up like the kettle to stop the handles from spinning around. I had this piece of wood with an awesome burl on it so I used it. Maybe it was too nice for the starter, but hey why not......

dsc07119o.jpg

By zavod44 at 2012-07-06

i hope you made that kettle pizza oven yourself and didn't blow a bunch of cash on it.

handle on the chimney looks sweet.

Thanks Brian the handles arrived today. I purchased a Veritas Metal Bender that magnetically attaches to a vise and used some aluminum and made brackets for the mid section of the Smoker. Thanks. "U De Man"

Originally posted by TroyRedington:
Originally posted by Brian O'Neal:

dsc07119o.jpg

By zavod44 at 2012-07-06

i hope you made that kettle pizza oven yourself and didn't blow a bunch of cash on it.

Uh oh Troy, Brian's pizza oven looks identical to the one I see on Amazon! Comon Brian...bought or made??
icon_smile.gif

Okay calm down you two......I got the pizza oven as a gift so I spent nothing. I did however get it to work awesome, I learned the trick to get it to work. I did have my grill too hot to start. Once it cooled down it was pretty good. It could use some different wood on those handles...
icon_wink.gif

The wood on the handle on my starter is Ambrosia Maple. It happens to be a really burled area of the wood. I make the same style handles out of oak, and I might have a few other kinds of wood in that style handle lying around. I didn't laser it because it looked so good as it was.

Originally posted by Moses M.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian O'Neal:
Post pictures when you get a chance Moses, I'm interested in seeing your smoker.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Will do just as soon as I learn how to (smile)

Originally posted by Moses M.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moses M.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian O'Neal:
Post pictures when you get a chance Moses, I'm interested in seeing your smoker.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Will do just as soon as I learn how to (smile) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try here.

Back