Brian O'Neal's Wooden Handles

Just got my new handles and had to run out and put them on my kettle. Brian....these are the BOMB! Thanks man...they look great!

Here are mine with Brian's Handles on them.
58102c16.jpg

4bc71614.jpg

Hey Omar...what are those 2 bolts for under the handle of your blue grill? Are they supporting something underneath?

PS...looks like you need another handle from Brian for the side of your bowl on the copper one! They look nice. I took my plastic ones off my big blue grill and it made it look MUCH better.

Hey Jeff

I added a hook to the lid. Its on a performer so this way I can get the lid to hang on the lid holder and be out of the way.

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools...gId=-1&storeId=10051

Originally posted by Jeff Kolodziejski:
Hey Omar...what are those 2 bolts for under the handle of your blue grill? Are they supporting something underneath?

PS...looks like you need another handle from Brian for the side of your bowl on the copper one! They look nice. I took my plastic ones off my big blue grill and it made it look MUCH better.

And YES I need another one of Brian's handles.. they are awesome and make any grill instantly look SO much better.
I did see your big blue grill with the new handles! It looked great before and now it looks AMAZING. Let me know if you ever HAVE to get rid of it!
icon_smile.gif

PS...looks like you need another handle from Brian for the side of your bowl on the copper one! They look nice. I took my plastic ones off my big blue grill and it made it look MUCH better.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Can't say enough great things about Brian and his handles. I used 3 coats of Spar Varnish like another member here and they turned out great. Best upgrade you can do!
IMG_1019.JPG

Here's the family
IMG_1016.JPG

Here is another completed project with Brian's handles:
Before:

IMG_0288-1.jpg

After:
IMG_0439.jpg

Love the new handles!
Thanks Brian

Here is another completed project with Brian's handles:
Before:

IMG_0288-1.jpg

After:
IMG_0439.jpg

Love the new handles!
Thanks Brian

Kim this is one heck of a transformation and the handles are def the icing on the cake! Love the electrical tape handles and I remember seeing the improvised one sweep! WOW! What a difference.

IMPRESSIVE, MOST IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!

:wsm:

Wow the WSM looks really great with those handles. That light wood on those black kettles really give them a nice classic look.

Ben great decision on those burled handles too, I can't believe how good they look once installed on the brick red performer...

I just returned after a long three days at my parents' home in Iowa. I was helping them clear the family home of stuff to ready it for sale, as their health is in decline. Not a fun trip, and not a little bit of throwing away or selling off all kinds of family treasures. Even and including a mid-80s black grill that was all rusted out (it was one my dad rescued from someone else's trash years ago, but we were still reluctant to do the deed. It fell to me to dismantle it, save what could be salvaged, and throw the rest into the dumpster. My dad followed silently before he suggested that we ought to play 'Taps').

But one bright spot in my visit was when I washed up my dad's daily griller and put a set of Brian's handles on it. Thanks, Brian, from both my dad and I. You do incredible work!

0801121911.jpg

I got my handle from Brian a good while ago. I know it sounds like a broken record but I was VERY impressed. Of course, putting it on my old beat up kettle was like putting lipstick on a pig but at least that handle looks great!:cool:

Brian, you are asking the wrong guy, as I am fairly colorblind. But I know it is definitely not black. Everyone calls it 'red', though it doesn't really look red to me. It is a 'DA' (2001) if that helps to identify the color. And those handles are gorgeous-- I gotta get some for my red kettle!

Back