Breaking in the Weber 26R this weekend.

JeffG

TVWBB Emerald Member
I couldn't believe I finally found a Weber 26R on Craigslist in So Cal. Sam the man i bought it from said this must be a popular BBQ as 20 + people called him after me.
They even offered him more money than the $150.00 advertised, but he held true to word and I picked it up the next day.

Some High Heat Ribs Saturday, thanks Jim Lampe for your Recipe, the only way I make Ribs now.

I tried 3 racks, could have done 4 easy.

mcHXALj.jpg

Then Sunday I made a Vortex combo BBQ, Some Wings, bacon wrapped homemade meatballs, stuffed Jalapeños wrapped in chicken thighs and then bacon wrapped and Lemon Pepper jumbo scallops. I would have bacon wrapped the scallops...
but i think that was enough bacon for this cook.

NVjHbtV.jpg

You're plate....

uvC4J5f.jpg

Love the room on the 26R.

Till next time.

Lucky you, finding that 26er is like finding a unicorn. That is also a very fine looking meal both the ribs and Sunday meal. Enjoy your find.

I've been wondering about using the Vortex on my 26. Do you have the largest size vortex and does it cook any differently on the 26 ?

That's some good lookin meats . And did you have any trouble using a rib rack ?

Beautiful pics and a terrific score! Our 26 gets lots of mileage. I have that "Ikea organizer" for sous vide use and cannot believe I have not thought about putting it to use as you did... great idea!

That was a fantastic fine, and you sure did put it to work. That's some great cooking and love the Sunday meal.

Thanks all for the nice comments, this weekend i'm going to do two upside down Vortex beer can chickens on the 26R and see how that comes out.

I've been wondering about using the Vortex on my 26. Do you have the largest size vortex and does it cook any differently on the 26 ?

That's some good lookin meats . And did you have any trouble using a rib rack ?

Lynn

Here is a sizing chart for the Thunderdome Vortex. I also thought i would have to buy a bigger one for the 26R, the medium was the correct one. It took awhile longer to get up to temp with the extra room, but as you can see it did its job well.

https://vortexbbq.com/which-size/

Also if you look close this is the IKEA dish rack some people use as a rib rack.

https://www.ikea.com/ms/en_US/usearch/?query=pot%20organizer

Beautiful pics and a terrific score! Our 26 gets lots of mileage. I have that "Ikea organizer" for sous vide use and cannot believe I have not thought about putting it to use as you did... great idea!

Back at you BFletcher I took the rubber feet off the (Ikea organizer) and use it on the BBQ for a rib rack, never thought to use it for the Anova sous vide.

Last edited:

Back