Breaking in my new 26.75 Weber....Roadside Chicken

Jeff GB

TVWBB Member
I have not posted for awhile but I definitely check your posts daily. This is such a great website and continues to give me inspiration. Well I have been wanting to buy the 26.75 for over a year now. I strongly believed my 18.5 WSM and 22.5 OTG were getting lonely and needed a new family member -- this was pitch to my wife. Ha! So far, I love the real estate on this grill and it is worth the $$$'s.

Decided to do some roadside chicken...

Added some Aspargus and potatoes

Sorry no plated pics. Can't wait to use my new family member again!

Congrats on the new 26"! I'm drooling with envy over the food and the grill.
I'm hoping to get a 26" for myself in the future. It presents a much better value than the Kettle Ranch, which is way over priced and doesn't even have an ash cleaner. (I don't even know how kettle ranch owners clear out their ashes.) But getting two 26"-ers will equal the cooking area of one kettle ranch, for half the total cost, and plus you get the ash cleaners included. 26" are the way to go!

Love that new grill. I think I need to add it to my collection also. Liked that one pic with no flash, looking down on that great chicken and the glowing coals. Roadside Chicken interests me. I had never heard that term before until I joined this site and started reading all the great posts. My first impression was that it was a tongue in cheek term, referring to "road kill". Then I read up on it and will do some soon, maybe on a new grill like yours. Thanks.

Would love to get a 26". Have the 22.5" now, which is great, but there are definitely times when I run out of space. Especially since I like to use the grill for sauteing onions and peppers and such. Which take away real estate from the precious meat. Anyway, thanks for the post and congrats!

L♥ve that Grill!
L♥ve that Chicken!!
L♥ve yo.... well, sorry Jeff, we haven't met yet...:rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to more cooks on the 26er from you, maybe it'll help persuade my wife to let me get one also!

Back