Breakfast lunch and dinner….McRib tomorrow!

Darryl - swazies

TVWBB Diamond Member
It’s not as awesome as the title sounds……
Something new for breakfast, used 1lb of fatty enough ground pork.
Tried to turn them into breakfast sausages……I don’t make my own sausage like the awesomeness I see around here sometimes.
So patties it was, now the pics look like I added tons of flavour but it honestly could have went for more.
I put salt in there too, but I would recommend salt on top while it is frying.
ground pork, salt, pepper, red chili flakes, thyme, paprika, brown sugar, garlic and I had no sage ( not a huge fan of sage ) so I used an epicure spice the MRS had. I think it’s for pork anyways, it is an apple and sage blend, lots of flavour in it…..got lots of spice in and still the sausage was only mildly spicy….like not hot but in flavour.
To keep it looking like fast food type breakfast type of meal we had fried dippy eggs, toast with peanut butter and hash brown pancakes.
Do not forget about the Tabasco….it is the real deal.
Anyways cooking all day, lunch is soon. Just a board of cured meats, those koshers I made and some great cheese.
Keep it light, not so much in calories but in volume.
We have a nice 14 year old hunk of cheddar, it’s the outside piece of the cheese with all the crystals on it. Also a hunk of 10 year old….and a few more selections between 2 and 6 years old. When your cheese says 2009 on it you know it’s going to be tasty and basically just fall apart.
Some cured Hungarian meats and some summer sausage, and Hungarian hot.
I plan on sipping a nice flavourful Sierra Nevada with these nice old cheddars.
The MRS is making the board up here soon…..pics of breakfast and pics of lunch snacks to follow.

Dinner is going to be carne asada with some guacamole and maybe some beans and corn.
Going to marinate it shortly but it has lime in it so I on want it in the marinade for about 3 hours.
Also this is the one that gets tequila it.

Hope everyone is enjoying this Sunday, it’s one of the few times I don’t have to do a ton of work.
Also great tunes on the record player today.
Breakfast below.

Attachments

• IMG_0520.jpeg
    IMG_0520.jpeg
    243.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0521.jpeg
    IMG_0521.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0522.jpeg
    IMG_0522.jpeg
    264.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0523.jpeg
    IMG_0523.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Tried to turn them into breakfast sausages……I don’t make my own sausage like the awesomeness I see around here sometimes.
So patties it was, now the pics look like I added tons of flavour but it honestly could have went for more.
ground pork, salt, pepper, red chili flakes, thyme, paprika, brown sugar, garlic and I had no sage ( not a huge fan of sage ) so I used an epicure spice the MRS had. I think it’s for pork anyways, it is an apple and sage blend, lots of flavour in it…..got lots of spice in and still the sausage was only mildly spicy….like not hot but in flavour.
To keep it looking like fast food type breakfast type of meal we had fried dippy eggs, toast with peanut butter and hash brown pancakes.
Anyways cooking all day, lunch is soon. Just a board of cured meats, those koshers I made and some great cheese.
We have a nice 14 year old hunk of cheddar, it’s the outside piece of the cheese with all the crystals on it. Also a hunk of 10 year old….and a few more selections between 2 and 6 years old. When your cheese says 2009 on it you know it’s going to be tasty and basically just fall apart.
The MRS is making the board up here soon…..pics of breakfast and pics of lunch snacks to follow.

Dinner is going to be carne asada with some guacamole and maybe some beans and corn.
Going to marinate it shortly but it has lime in it so I on want it in the marinade for about 3 hours.

Hope everyone is enjoying this Sunday, it’s one of the few times I don’t have to do a ton of work.
Breakfast below.
Had the same problem with bland breakfast sausage the first couple of tries. Kept good notes and added what I felt was missing until getting what I wanted. Same was true of my jerky. Good notes are key to developing great recipes.

Breakfast below.
Just find a nice sausage recipe and make them as patties. No different than making meatloaf!

Lunch plate was good….
Got the dinner in the marinade.
Not flank or skirt this time……we have bunch of these little 6oz New Yorks I just trimmed the fat off the outside and mildly used the hammer for making them a bit thinner and wider….bought the hammer today as I will be needing it tomorrow.
Stay tuned in this thread for tomorrow’s cook…it’s going to be my take on a Mc Rib sandwich….I bought a pork centre loin on sale and am going to cut it into thick chops that I plan to butterfly and then flatten out to about 1/4 inch…..making my own bourbon peach bbq sauce and long sautéed onions with dills. Peaches are in season now and I have a really good recipe for this…tons of peaches…bourbon….jalapeños….vinegar, mustard ect…I will be sure to share….my first run at this one but I think I have it all wrapped up all ready.
And depending on the leftovers tonight I might have a small steak, bean and corn nacho plate for the side.
It hopefully is going to be a big deal.
High heat, lots of caramelized sauce…..you know the drill.

Also cooking high heat 1 whole Turkey breast before the steak for this weeks lunches…might get pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0535.jpeg
    IMG_0535.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0533.jpeg
    IMG_0533.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0532.jpeg
    IMG_0532.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0531.jpeg
    IMG_0531.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0530.jpeg
    IMG_0530.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0529.jpeg
    IMG_0529.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0528.jpeg
    IMG_0528.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0526.jpeg
    IMG_0526.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 20
Turkey is done…..
Killers hogs hot bbq, looks and tastes delicious….hit the 160 and pulled it,
Looks like club Sammie’s mid week, lots of meat there.
Going to do up some shells…the MRS wants a bowl with shrooms, I’m just going traditional with meat, onion, salsa…..left all the cilantro at the grocery store.
Sides of corn n beans

Attachments

• IMG_0536.jpeg
    IMG_0536.jpeg
    209.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0537.jpeg
    IMG_0537.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0538.jpeg
    IMG_0538.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0539.jpeg
    IMG_0539.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 9
Got the last pics of dinner, no hot sauce needed, that salsa is that salsa I made last weekend….it’s hot enough.
It was tasty, stay tuned, hopefully tomorrow’s McRib is going to be a good plate.

Attachments

• IMG_0546.jpeg
    IMG_0546.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0547.jpeg
    IMG_0547.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0548.jpeg
    IMG_0548.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0550.jpeg
    IMG_0550.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0551.jpeg
    IMG_0551.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0554.jpeg
    IMG_0554.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0545.jpeg
    IMG_0545.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0543.jpeg
    IMG_0543.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 7
Got the bbq sauce all made up for tonight.
onions, jalapeños, peaches, ketchup, cider vinegar, mustard, honey, bourbon, salt n pepper.
Fresh peaches….of course, sautéed them with the rest of the stuff and got them nice and soft.
Blender for the final mix and touch up what else is needed.

And my centre loin roast….it’s about 2.5 pounds……I plan on cutting 3 inch chops and butterflying them and pounding them out to about a quarter inch…
Lots of spice, turn every minute or so, lots of sauce…..
Nice sliced dills, and very long sautéed onions…caramelized I guess?
Have excellent left overs from last night for some mini nacho plates…..
Dinner is going to be big……I can’t eat like I use to unfortunately.

Attachments

• IMG_0556.jpeg
    IMG_0556.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0557.jpeg
    IMG_0557.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0555.jpeg
    IMG_0555.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 10
Working on it now Chuck…..got everything prepped just getting the grill really hot and its on.
I have been getting some pics so hopefully the6 turn out.

Okay, the sandwich was great and all we had was a sandwich…..it was big.
Very hot full chimney, had the dome temp reading over 500….lid off cook and turning frequently.
Pulled the pork at 138 to 140…..the MRS was visible and had a touch of pink…nice n juicy.
Layers of pickles and very sautéed onions…..on a toasted fresh bun.
Now I went overboard on the bbq sauce….it’s my bad, I felt like you wanted it dripping off the sandwich.
The small amount of residual heat in there was a nice touch too.
Will make again, the fun part is each time a new bbq sauce will give it a different spin.
Now that I used the MRS as my test pilot I think I can make slight adjustments and make this for others.

Attachments

• IMG_0563.jpeg
    IMG_0563.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0564.jpeg
    IMG_0564.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0565.jpeg
    IMG_0565.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0566.jpeg
    IMG_0566.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0567.jpeg
    IMG_0567.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0568.jpeg
    IMG_0568.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 11
Will be making nachos tonight.....got to get those left overs in me.....and out of the fridge...that guacamole only has so much life left in it.
Already thinking about my next sauce and sandwich.

Now THAT is the way to spend your time cooking! Just let me know and I'll send you my shipping address. 😉 I completely get the cooking to taste -- the taste for that time. I wonder if ayone ever said "Variety is the spice of life." Shall we emphasize "spice"?

Back