Breakfast lunch and dinner….McRib tomorrow!

Fantastic cooks & eats Darryl. I got 4 Way Street (Live) off iTunes, great album. Carry On is amazing. So is Southern Man for that matter, but I'm not supposed to like that song because I like Lynyrd Skynyrd :)
The record ( I have the newest release which is 3 LP's but the original is 2LP's ) starts off a bit soft but it has great tunes all the way through.
All those guys can sing...some a bit better than others but they all have great talent.
I like the last song on my record...side 6.....maybe you got that one too???? Its Neil doing a medley sort of thing and goes through maybe 3 of his own tunes......a couple of great tunes where Graham Nash is going pretty strong too.

The whole Skynard deal is old news for me..I get it but I don't really care about it.....makes for great tunes right?
If I had to pick it would be Neil for me...if I could only pick one that is.

Last edited:
Can't go there. I have them all plus many more. Wouldn't give any up. You can have the LPs -- I decided on CDs before I had my first player. Now with everything available on Tidal, I still haven't given up a single CD.

Can't go there. I have them all plus many more. Wouldn't give any up. You can have the LPs -- I decided on CDs before I had my first player. Now with everything available on Tidal, I still haven't given up a single CD.

The only thing digital has over everything else is convenience.......the quality for sure is not there.
How much quality do you need??? This is a hard question but after not listening to vinyl for a while then putting it on really perks up the old ears.
Also having something in your hands is pretty fun too......
Gatefolds, lyric sheets, booklets. They had some awesome records back in the day that had a lot of work go into them....
Alice Cooper Billion Dollar Babies is one that comes to mind......there are many others of course.

I go home after work.....sometimes I just want to sit out back and listen to nothing but the quietness........mainly because work almost made me mental.......but generally I will throw on some records.....it's great for relaxing but usually makes me want to have a few beers.....that's a bad habit.

Among most of your others, I had Billion Dollar Babies on vinyl -- practically wore it out.

I don't do the vinyl vs digital question other than to state my preference. No one wins and I'm still happy. With religion and politics, someone is always unhappy.

I didn't get along with vinyl. I used to drop too much back in the day and records didn't stand a chance.

I finally broke down and bought a Pioneer RT-909 back when they first came out. I loved that thing, could play 7" to 10" and as slow as 2.75 IPS to as fast as 7.5 IPS. With it's 126 Diodes and 121 transistors and it's frequency response range 20Hz - 28kHz it was pure heaven and it paired quite nicely with my SX-850 and my six JBL 4311B's. Sadly, all that came to an end in 1983 when my 442 Olds blew up. I needed wheels bad, so I traded it and my stereo system for a brand new 1983 Ford Ranger (first year of the Rangers) I loved that lil truck, but I miss my stereo to this very day

@ChuckO "Dropped", yes. My daughter was just getting good at crawling when she found my first copy of The Allman Bros Live at Fillmore East and was delighted to learn that it would scoot easily around the floor with her hands on top (Whipping Post down !!!). I went through two more copies before CDs. Somehow Whipping Post was prone to bad practices not of my making. I love high density streaming.

@ChuckO delighted to learn that it would scoot easily around the floor with her hands on top (Whipping Post down !!!)
Ouch! I guess I got easy with my daughter, she just drew on the walls and flushed valuables down the toilet :) I do remember getting out of bed and stepping onto dropped record only to have it fly out from under my foot sending to the floor hard. Sounds like I should have taken lessons from your daughter, she seems to be better with records and floors

Lol, I guess I’m a stickler…..my wife flips them for me but even she doesn’t play with them much.
She knows how but just doesn’t, she streams when I am not home……???….

In the spirit of this worthy cook, my listening suggestion (you can probably find it free on YouTube but there might be commercials)
I will give it a go.........actually checking it out now, can stream the whole album from the MRS phone tonight on the Bose.
Last pic post for me here.....got all the left overs from Sunday in with stellar nachos.
Pic could be better but it had all the goodies.....beans, corn, mozza, peppers and onions with steak!
Rest of the guac and some sour cream!

1692791402600.png

Last edited:
In the spirit of this worthy cook, my listening suggestion (you can probably find it free on YouTube but there might be commercials)
The song that is listed in your pic reminds me of dogs by pink floyd....
Just the way the guitar works and how the song is composed of course....I will dig some more, this artist is new to me.

I think you're going to like Roy Buchanan. He's has many albums and several of them are live. His "Second Album" that RichPB spoke of put him on the map, but don't ignore his album "In the Beginning." Keep them cooks coming and the tunes playing

I think you're going to like Roy Buchanan. He's has many albums and several of them are live. His "Second Album" that RichPB spoke of put him on the map, but don't ignore his album "In the Beginning." Keep them cooks coming and the tunes playing
I have been listening to this for a bit now.........threw a couple in my cart to possibly purchase in the future on vinyl....thanks for the tips.

Back