Brat Reubens

James Lake

TVWBB Emerald Member
IMAG1054_zpsoisvq68k.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I found this recipe in food and wine magazine by chef Viet Pham. They are making and serving these brats at the beer bar in SLC Utah. You SLC boys....Clint, Jason need to go and check this place out.

I made the dressing the night before and let it sit in the fridge blending the flavors together.

Here are the brats in a beer and onion bath, soon to be a hot tub
IMAG1038_zpsex6bplu1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I didn't have time to make the giardiniera vegetables (it take a week to make these) so I purchased some and chopped them up, this is the "kraut" on the reuben.
IMAG1039_zpsm3hdantc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Got the hot tub going direct on the performer, I let the brats boil for about 30 minutes
IMAG1042_zpsk5xex8du.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I had more than enough time to enjoy one of these and enough time to enjoy two of them, but it is a school night, I believe that this brewery is out of San Diego
IMAG1043_zpsz84eh1d4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I always drink my beer from a glass, IMO it tastes better as I can get the aroma of the beer that you can't get from drinking out of a bottle. BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEERHOLDER.

Brats out of the tub and going direct
IMAG1047_zps0wnnkbu3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Buns are toasted and waiting on the brats, the recipe calls for rye buns but I couldn't find any
IMAG1049_zps5hnhspwk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Brats are almost done, they are smelling good
IMAG1052_zps0vtber64.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

All dressed up and ready to eat
IMAG1053_zpsm5swizyv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A closer look
IMAG1054_zpsoisvq68k.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's a plate ready for someone, served with kettle chips and a nice pilsner
IMAG1056_zps7kklnv5h.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The flavor profile was amazing, I will be doing this cook a lot. Thank you all for looking and have a great day.

Last edited:
Terrific cook, inspiring, and a terrific beer. Have you had their Sculpin yet? Its in nearly all of my recent posts :D

I love beer brats and I like yours!
I usually smoke brats up to 130 F. Then I move them in a boiling beer bath ( usually Corona) and then I poke brats trough the ends using Termapen and let them defatting for some time up to 170
Then I eat them 5/6 a time!
I never tried adding onions!
Should i ?

Best brat in a bun i have seen lately! If you put that one in a rye bun you would lose one of the five stars(in my book)

Wow. I love beer brats and onions, and a good reuben just as much, so Brat-Reubens sounds like a great idea. They LOOK like a great idea, too. Dang. I could eat the screen for lunch.

Awesome looking brats, I want that plate!!!!! I'm gonna have to try making my own, thanks for sharing the recipe!!

Awesome! I don't recall who mentioned it, but I also cook mine first then into the bath. I think that's a regional thing. either way, these look phenomenal. Thanks!

Great looking meal James! Ballast Point is a couple miles from my house. Great beers and they also make spirits too.

Back