Brand New WSM 22" Not happy

OK guys thanks for replies. As far as the unit cooling down,maybe I have some work to do on the door.. Overall I'm happy with the performance of the new WSM for over night cooks. Held temps really well after my vent adjustments. Outside temps were in the 60's. Dome temps were only 10* off from my Maverick on the grate.
DanB

Glad it's working better for you D.
I've had mine since 2012, and it's still a learning experience every time I fire it up compared to my 08 18.5" WSM.
Edit: And to the your original post on the gaps ( yes they will seal up over time) and the following posts on the stop tabs.
I like them, what we call a blind stop in the trades, as in you don't have to physically bend over to see if it's fully opened or closed.
On the 18.5" WSM you turned it to the right and it is closed when it stopped, turn it to the left and it's opened.
Opposite on the 22.5"WSM for some reason only known to Weber

Tim

Last edited:
What is the cost of a Shirley Smoker?
Starting at $1,750.00.

What is the cost of a 22"WSM?
$399.00 delivered.

What is the cost of delivering a Shirley Smoker?
Don't ask.

Comparing a Shirley Smoker to a Weber Smoker is totally unfair.

Hi Shirley delivered to New Jersey $400.00.. I wasn't comparing a WSM to a Shirley.Both have a place in my cooking lifestyle.The WSM is mainly for over nights, Shirley is when I'm at home watching the NFL and feeding it splits.
Thanks Dan

Hopefully getting a new Bowl will make you happy, but it is highly unlikely that It will be any different than the original.
With a tab bent down in every hole on the vent wheel as stoppers its impossible for it to completely seal.

Hi The NEW bowl is 100% better then 1st one.. No gaps when the vents are closed.
Thanks Dan

Originally Posted by Dustin Dorsey I think you are probably spoiled by the build quality of that Shirley fabrication rig! ...

Hi You can't go wrong with a Shirley..Build quality is top of the line!!!
Dan

Originally Posted by Jim Lampe What is the cost of a Shirley Smoker?
Starting at $1,750.00.

What is the cost of a 22"WSM?
$399.00 delivered.

What is the cost of delivering a Shirley Smoker?
Don't ask.

Comparing a Shirley Smoker to a Weber Smoker is totally unfair.

Hi Shirley delivered to New Jersey $400.00.. I wasn't comparing a WSM to a Shirley.Both have a place in my cooking lifestyle.The WSM is mainly for over nights, Shirley is when I'm at home watching the NFL and feeding it splits.
Thanks Dan

I like to think (and Believe) that Weber, also, is "Build quality is top of the line"... For the money, Weber is King!
Oh, and Weber WSMs do pretty good in the daylight hours also, while watching the NFL, without feeding it splits. ;)

I like to think (and Believe) that Weber, also, is "Build quality is top of the line"... For the money, Weber is King!
Oh, and Weber WSMs do pretty good in the daylight hours also, while watching the NFL, without feeding it splits. ;)

Hi I wasn't comparing the Shirley to the WSM. The WSM is also built very good. They both do what they are supposed to do for my way of smoking. :)
Now with the rotisserie I'll being using the WSM much more.
Thanks Dan

Back