Brand new SS Lid for older Summit.

Stefan H

TVWBB Wizard
This one showed up a few miles from me. First I thought it was a Genesis Gold lid but a second look the logo says Summit Silver. But the side panels look more like a Genesis lid and are different from the Summit I just restored.

Attachments

Bruce

TVWBB Olympian
I am not super familiar with the Summit grills, but that one looks like it has a higher back on the rear of the lid. It doesn't go all the way down to the bottom of the end caps which makes me think it wasn't meant for a Genesis Cook box.
$20 is a heck of a deal though. If I had that style grill, I would buy it in a heart beat.

This is what I mean:
lid.jpg

Jon Tofte

TVWBB Platinum Member
Looks like, I believe, a generation 2 4-burner Summit hood. Those Silver/Gold/Platinum Summits looked a lot like Genesis Silver/Gold/Platinums of the same time period, just a little more substantial. That would be a sweet deal if you were wanting to restore one of those. What you would REALLY want, though, is a new firebox! They were really nice grills, especially the Platinum version with stainless frame and cabinetry, but that stupid firebox issue really makes them a dicey proposition.
Summit Platinum D6 Main.jpg

Stefan H

TVWBB Wizard
Jon. I restored a 2nd gen 4 burner Summit recently. And I would have loved to get a new lid. The firebox was in great shape. But it is already sold. Anyhow I was looking at the lid and the side panels looked different from the one I had.

side panels of the Summit I restored:

Attachments

Jon Tofte

TVWBB Platinum Member
Sure enough, Stefan, that one is different. No clue why, but I would be pretty confident interchangeable. I noticed the sides on the Platinum one I posted a picture of are like on the one you sold other than being gray. Maybe what this seller has is a later warranty replacement compared to originals from 15 years ago.