Bourbon/whiskey drinkers *****

You have to delelte one set if you don't wish them to show........I don't care anymore...................d

Something I've noticed: If you post from Photobucket you don't need to use the photo icon. Photobucket adds the "url" and "/url" for you which is really all the icon does.

BTW I can never find Rip VanWinkle either. Seems like the Holy Grail of Bourbon.

...and now I find out a Japanese company is buying Beam who owns Maker's Mark. Hmmmm

Last edited:
My favorite - Elmer T Lee

Others on my bourbon shelf - Woodford Reserve Double Oak, Larceny, Jefferson's Reserve, 4 Roses, Prichards, Knob Creek, and I keep Makers & Makers 46 around for guests. lol

Best I ever had - Jefferson's Presidential

Good news found a new Liqour store..on list for lottery to get Rip VanWinkle.
35EDDA4F-AB99-41DE-9420-B3A6CB3B3BE2_zps8tmas8hb.jpg

Wow..I'd be afraid to open that one. I was hesitant on the WoodFords Malt I just purchased for $90.00. I wonder if they use the 1/2 million dollar bourbon to cook with? :)

Going after the other WoodFords Malt tomorrow. Purchased the Straight today...man is that smooth, so was the Jeffersons Reserve Very Old very small batch. The other WoodFords Malt is the Classic. Give them a try if you can...great drinking Bourbons. The Elijah Craig 12 yr is kind of tough to swallow compared to the aforementioned Bourbons. My new go to may be the Jeffersons Reserve...not too bad for around $50

been drinking crown royal for a long time. love it.

Hey Sparky great to hear from you! See you got rid of one MAK and a Hasty Bake. Webers work pretty good. Post some of your rib cooks in the photo gallery I miss them..have a good one buddy!

Yeah, I have but they just don't get it cold enough for my taste. I use distilled water to make the ice balls and they take so long to melt I really don't notice any watered down taste. Or maybe I just don't let it stay in the glass long enough. :eek:

Last edited:
David where in the heck did you get the Rip VanWinkle? Is it as great as everyone says it is. I've been trying for forever to get a bottle..

Once in a while the local ABC store carries it. However, my first purchase was from a place called Total Wine.........there are several different kinds of Rip, and this was the cheap stuff, about $65 for a 5th. To tell the truth, I'm not sure that it is any better than other premium brands. I think that I like Ole Weller's Reserve as much as anything. If I'm mixing it, which I usually don't with anything but water, I go cheap, so I usually have some lower shelf stuff, like, Evan Williams in the cabinet, actually not bad.

Some years ago, I lined up about ten different bottles of bourbon and did a blind taste test. Drinking straight, with water, and then with Lemonade (which is really good). I had a hard time picking one that I thought was all that much better than the other, though there were taste differences. My wife who does not drink it straight, picked out the Evan Williams when straight, but favored Wellers when mixed, which is how she drinks it. Give it a try, might be surprised that you are paying more for it than needed.

Oh, if my brother visits, I hide all the good stuff, and pour Evan William's into empty Jack bottles, as he will drink me out of house and home. He never seems to notice....................d

Im kinda an Islay whiskey kinda guy. Not like im a snob with drinks at all. I drink em all(almost) But i prefer the smokey ones.

Thanks for the ideas and suggestions..learning some new Liquor brands from this thread. On a side note picked up the Classic Malt today from WoodFords..haven't broken into that. The Straight Malt was smooooth....
B5848102-02E5-492A-BD66-C1A934FD4186_zpsithqyixj.jpg

Can anyone tell me why I'm getting the IMG tags displaying? I use the icon provided and just paste in my photobucket URL. I've noticed that I'm not alone in having this problem.

Chris?
Paste the Photobucket URL directly into your post without clicking the icon first. The icon puts the IMG tags into the page, then your Photobucket URL also contains the IMG tags, thus double tags!

Back