Bourbon burger

Mark_E

TVWBB Super Fan
To be honest, I was not real crazy about this burger - maybe because I'm not a bourbon drinker. The two quarter pound patties soak in a bourbon - soy sauce marinade for an hour. Brioche bun. American cheese. It does make a pretty picture, though. It's a recipe from Sam The Cooking Guy on youtube. I did like the crunchy shallots though. You just slice a shallot up with a mandoline nice and thin, throw them into some hot oil for a few mins, pull them out, drain, and pile them onto the top of your burger. They look soggy in the photo but they are not - they are super crunchy. I will definitely be doing that for some of my future burgers. Very crunchy, very awesome.

DCP_8247.JPG

Hey Mark

That burger sure looks tasty,

You gave it a try and didn't like it, thats part of trying something new.
I'm always onto something new, my neighbors are always willing to be my taste pilots.

To be honest, I was not real crazy about this burger - maybe because I'm not a bourbon drinker. The two quarter pound patties soak in a bourbon - soy sauce marinade for an hour. Brioche bun. American cheese. It does make a pretty picture, though. It's a recipe from Sam The Cooking Guy on youtube. I did like the crunchy shallots though. You just slice a shallot up with a mandoline nice and thin, throw them into some hot oil for a few mins, pull them out, drain, and pile them onto the top of your burger. They look soggy in the photo but they are not - they are super crunchy. I will definitely be doing that for some of my future burgers. Very crunchy, very awesome.

View attachment 68056

Nothing screws up a good Bourbon like soy sauce ;)

I'm a fan of Sam's show and videos, but yeah, sometimes a recipe can be a let down. Even the great Alton Brown - I tried one of his citrus marinade pork loin recipes and it was disappointing.

Live and learn.

Burger looks tasty. (y)

Looks great! Been watching a fair amount of Sam lately.
I'm a fan of Sam's show and videos, but yeah, sometimes a recipe can be a let down. Even the great Alton Brown - I tried one of his citrus marinade pork loin recipes and it was disappointing.

Live and learn.

Burger looks tasty. (y)
Agreed. He's fun to watch but his recipes tend to get more complex than I want to go. But that's what happens when you own a restaurant, I guess. But the nice thing is - you get ideas or learn techniques which could apply to other cooks. The crunchy shallots are definitely a winner. Otherwise, funny how new recipes that look GREAT rarely work out that way. Know what comes out great? The ones I already have and use - they are proven winners every time!

I like bourbon, yet I'm not a fan of most things cooked with bourbon. That burger looks really good from the pic.

Back