BORING cook....maybe not?

James Lake

TVWBB Emerald Member
I was driving around town all day to see if I could buy a $50.00 Performer grill in excellent shape...no such luck.
We had some precooked pre-sliced ham in the freezer that we bought on a great sale just after Easter so we defrosted it yesterday and I threw it on the grill today. How boring correct??? Like bake and serve, can't mess that up. The instruction on the ham called for warming it up in the oven at 350 for an hour. So I got my performer up to 350 two chunks of hickory or Yukon potatoes and down with the lid for an hour.
IMAG0427_zpse8346197.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I sat out back looked through cooking books and could start to smell the ham cooking. An hour went by and it was time to see what dinner looked like.
IMAG0429_zpse01a6e58.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It actually turned out better than I had expected. I munched on the small burnt ends as I grilled the bread, I can't feed anyone burnt food right?

Bread is toasted and who wants this plate?
IMAG0430_zpse8bd8366.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Served the potatoes with an butter with fresh herbs mixed in and crumbled blue cheese. Honestly I was very happy with this cook and look forward to some grilled ham n cheese sammies.

IMAG0433_zps1282dbac.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks for looking everyone....I hope you all had a good night.

Back