Bones from last Friday!

Mike from Little Rock

TVWBB Super Fan
Several of my coworkers have been on me to do up some bones, so....

A quick trip to SAMs left me with these
8198782c.jpg

Mustard and some off the shelf rub...
8cc2a63c.jpg

WSM ready to roll some hickory/apple chunks..
c572b971.jpg

5d4eb765.jpg

REAL LOW & REAL SLOW does just right!
42e32b6d.jpg

Wish you could smell...
c95dce23.jpg

...what the big red man is fixing!
8158829a.jpg

Here is her plate, mine was half gone before I remembered to grab the camera;)
b9d7a303.jpg

Once again, THANKS FOR LOOKING AT MY COOKING!

:wsm:

Really good looking ribs and the cooking method has me curious. I assume the tin foil is to keep the edges from burning and I was suprised to see how it is placed so much towards the middle. It's obvious this works because the ribs look great.

Could you expand a little on time with this method of using the foil. Does it take a lot longer or about the same? I so want to try this.

Great job with the pictures also.

Really good looking ribs and the cooking method has me curious. I assume the tin foil is to keep the edges from burning and I was suprised to see how it is placed so much towards the middle. It's obvious this works because the ribs look great.

Could you expand a little on time with this method of using the foil. Does it take a lot longer or about the same? I so want to try this.

Great job with the pictures also.

Thanks Brian and everyone else! The foil is strictly to prevent the burnt ends for non hardcore folks. I like the burnt ends personally, but some don't. No change in cooking time, I let'em go 6-8 hrs @ 215-220 depending on if I want to cut them or let fall to pieces. These, OP, went just over 6 hrs and would pull apart, but were also easy to cut.

However this is a more typical cook for me:
da8f3055.jpg

This cook from last year went closer to 8hrs @ 215 and you needed 3 hands to get them off in one piece, either way there doesn't ever seem to be any leftovers!

:wsm:

Last edited:
Good Grief, those look so good i just went to the freezer and took a out a pack to thaw. What great pics, especially the one down the page, i love those dark ends to, almost like the bark on a shoulder. What a great smoke.

Joe

Great job, Mike!

I just finished a half pound of boiled shrimp and that picture makes me hungry.

Sides of corn and black-eyed peas! Perfection!

Back