Bone in Mediterranean chicken thighs

Looks excellent! Don't see Tannat too often, nice choice. Anything in particular you did for the rice?
Tannat is a very uncommon grape. I first experienced it at Sobon and bought a few cases as it was on sale and it sampled well as it was young. So I figured it’d age well too. And it really did. I’d say 10 years is about its max aging time. I have more bottles but if younger vintages. It’s fruity and dry but not tannin heavy like a Cab can be. Hopefully you can find some. You can order from Sobon here in Amador CA. It’s value priced for how it drinks and ages.

Post a king of the Keller video if you have it. I’ll try to find it as well.
Apparently, it’s been a “TikTok” rage but, I don’t bother with all that nonsense!
Heres the gist of the recipe,
tip and tail the zucchini (I like them about seven inches and an inch or so in diameter).
halve them lengthwise.
make a cross hatch pattern about 3/8” diagonally.
salt generously and turn cut side down on double thickness of paper towel for at least half an hour.
the original has you sear the cut side for approximately three to four minutes the. Turn and transfer to the oven until tender.
(I went cut side down indirect and browned them up as well)
the tomato “Concassé” is where things get fun,
peel and seed a Roma tomato, dice to very small “Brunoise” under 1/8” set aside. I had to use some grape tomatoes so they weren’t peeled, it was fine, I just made them as small a dice as I could.
dice similarly a small shallot, add to the tomato.
a small drizzle of EVOO, some finely minced herb, chive was the original (I did a chiffonade of basil for the last one), a grind of pepper.
Remove the beautifully browned and just toasty zucchini and top with the tomato mixture and serve.

I might use these for an appetizer when I have some vegetarian friends over on their next tour through the area.
it reads like a lot more work than it really is but, that’s the nature of things with culinary terms for specific size or style of cutting.
”Vive les Culinaires!”

Apparently, it’s been a “TikTok” rage but, I don’t bother with all that nonsense!
Heres the gist of the recipe,
tip and tail the zucchini (I like them about seven inches and an inch or so in diameter).
halve them lengthwise.
make a cross hatch pattern about 3/8” diagonally.
salt generously and turn cut side down on double thickness of paper towel for at least half an hour.
the original has you sear the cut side for approximately three to four minutes the. Turn and transfer to the oven until tender.
(I went cut side down indirect and browned them up as well)
the tomato “Concassé” is where things get fun,
peel and seed a Roma tomato, dice to very small “Brunoise” under 1/8” set aside. I had to use some grape tomatoes so they weren’t peeled, it was fine, I just made them as small a dice as I could.
dice similarly a small shallot, add to the tomato.
a small drizzle of EVOO, some finely minced herb, chive was the original (I did a chiffonade of basil for the last one), a grind of pepper.
Remove the beautifully browned and just toasty zucchini and top with the tomato mixture and serve.

I might use these for an appetizer when I have some vegetarian friends over on their next tour through the area.
it reads like a lot more work than it really is but, that’s the nature of things with culinary terms for specific size or style of cutting.
”Vive les Culinaires!”
So I just watched a few YouTube versions of TKs recipe.

Bold statement here: I challenge you to cook mine and TKs and let me know which one you like more.

I seared my zukes on direct and then moved them to indirect to soften up. Between the oak wood’s perfume and the JD coal, and my spice blend, these zukes were like butter. No knife required and full of flavor. It was one of my better zuke preparation methods.

I halved and quartered my zukes. Each full zuke yielded 8 quarters. Served along with the grilled Roma tomatoes,, I could have made a vegetarian meal of these two and added roasted bell peppers and red onions.

For anyone following along, the seasoning mixture was SPG, Aleppo pepper and sumac all with EVOO drizzle in the marinade. Let stand for 5 minutes and then sear over direct coals and finish on indirect. Cook time for the veggies runs around 20-25 minutes, covered cook. The tomatoes will be softened and check for doneness near the core end. The zukes will easily flex when turned with tongs. If the zukes don’t squeeze when moved with tongs, let them go a little longer.

And no pans to clean up 😃. That’s bonus for grilling.

Sounds pretty darned good there buddy! Don’t need to challenge! I will get some sumac next time I hit the spice shop! I am another “why do I want to use a pan and have to clean that too!” Camper!

Looks like a great meal!
I prefer my zucchini more on the Al dente side though. I like a bit of crunch. It’s a challenge to get it just right.

So I just watched a few YouTube versions of TKs recipe.

Bold statement here: I challenge you to cook mine and TKs and let me know which one you like more.

I seared my zukes on direct and then moved them to indirect to soften up. Between the oak wood’s perfume and the JD coal, and my spice blend, these zukes were like butter. No knife required and full of flavor. It was one of my better zuke preparation methods.

I halved and quartered my zukes. Each full zuke yielded 8 quarters. Served along with the grilled Roma tomatoes,, I could have made a vegetarian meal of these two and added roasted bell peppers and red onions.

For anyone following along, the seasoning mixture was SPG, Aleppo pepper and sumac all with EVOO drizzle in the marinade. Let stand for 5 minutes and then sear over direct coals and finish on indirect. Cook time for the veggies runs around 20-25 minutes, covered cook. The tomatoes will be softened and check for doneness near the core end. The zukes will easily flex when turned with tongs. If the zukes don’t squeeze when moved with tongs, let them go a little longer.

And no pans to clean up 😃. That’s bonus for grilling.
Just wandered across the street to look at some boat restoration my neighbor is doing after a very involved accident, car/boat hit and run.
Anyway, we got chatting and I mentioned what I was going to do for dinner and he offered me some Z’atahr so,I will go a bit more Lebanese with the thighs tonight!

Just wandered across the street to look at some boat restoration my neighbor is doing after a very involved accident, car/boat hit and run.
Anyway, we got chatting and I mentioned what I was going to do for dinner and he offered me some Z’atahr so,I will go a bit more Lebanese with the thighs tonight!
Zaatar works well too. It has more delicate herbs and sesame seeds so avoid burning it as the sesame seeds will turn bitter when heated too high.

You might even go full indirect to avoid that burn.

Do a 450-500 for the first 10 minutes and then settle down the grill to 375° for the remainder until IT is reached.

Zaatar works well too. It has more delicate herbs and sesame seeds so avoid burning it as the sesame seeds will turn bitter when heated too high.

You might even go full indirect to avoid that burn.

Do a 450-500 for the first 10 minutes and then settle down the grill to 375° for the remainder until IT is reached.
My thoughts as well! Thanks pal.

Back