BOLO

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
If you are looking for a grill to rehab or to grab parts off of, this weekend and next week should see an uptick if people getting rid of their old tired out grills as they get new ones for Christmas. Not as good as the week after Memorial day, but probably the last good shot at finding one in the norther tier of states until next March/April.
Keep an eye on your local Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace along with the other resale sites and apps.
Good luck all and have a Very Merry Christmas.

It has begun. Saw a CL ad this morning for a free Silver at the curb. Wish I had room but the garage is already full. Merry Christmas everyone!

No interesting used grills showed up for sale here, but I noticed there were some good deals in stores. I picked up a new Weber Q cart for $53cad (around $40usd). Stores here typically never discount them and I haven't had any sucess eyeing craplist for these either.

I also saw a store blowing out new 4 burner Broil King Regal s420's for $550cad (around $425usd). It's not a Weber but it's Broil King's upper line made W/ heavy gauge 420ss cookbox and 9mm 304ss rod grates. The closest Weber is a Genesis II s310 that sells for around double the price. Btw, anyone noticed Broil King is now selling a Regal Commercial line that supposedly features 304 stainless parts in an open cart design and heavy duty wheels? I have yet to verify it, but I have read in a few places now that the entire BBQ is 304 stainless. Hope this motivates Weber to produce something similar.

Yeah, I give Broil King credit for making what we keep asking for in the more realistic, sub-$2000 price range. I also understand most if their grills are made in North America. I did a cleanup on a lesser model for our church back in Florida. While some things were disappointing, it was clearly a few notches above their other big box junk grills. The grates were especially nice.

So, I log onto FB to check for any Christmas cast offs and this pops up.
I am thinking FREE 5 burner Genesis with a side burner must be a Summit or something. Then I click to see the other pictures. What a disappointment. I am not sure what brand it is, but the overall design says NexGrill to me for some reason. What a bummer.

Picked it up. It came with a full propane tank and a Weber cover in good condition. Burners look good, has stainless stamped grates(need to check them out in the light) probably needs new flavorizers, but rest looks pretty good.

i just talked to a guy thats moving and is a restorer he is giving me free 9 grills and lots of parts 2 deep box red heads a 2 burner skyline and one of the won's with the glass doors in the cabinet and some pre 2005s. also red heads and skyline taken apart....
What a way to kick off 2021! Congrats.

i just talked to a guy thats moving and is a restorer he is giving me free 9 grills and lots of parts 2 deep box red heads a 2 burner skyline and one of the won's with the glass doors in the cabinet and some pre 2005s. also red heads and skyline taken apart....
JESUS!!!!! Thats amazing!!!!!! a 5000? this is a dream haul

Back