BOLO

Well, I picked up a belated Christmas cast off. A Genesis Gold B with the extra right side shelf and swing table. Free with a #9891 Rotisserie. Can't say no to free. Bottom pan is cancer stricken, but frame looks solid. I have to admit, that I have not even looked inside the grill yet. LOL. Gotta love the black handles too.
I am waiting for someone to get home to help me unload it at this point.

20210109_155233.jpg

Great Score! Replace that flat bottom with a wire rack and you have one really nice, practical grill. Maybe a color hood and black knobs for sure. I love wood, but a double set of thermoset tables is a lot of room and a lot easier to maintain. This setup gives you a LOT of table real estate compared to some other larger grill options that don't have those two fold-down tables.

Instead of a wire rack, you might consider horizontal frame tubes and then adding two trays with durawood slats for a warmer look but still low maintenance. Or maybe make custom slats out of Trex or something similar:unsure:?!!

Yah, Jon, pretty much my thoughts. I hate the SS lids. I didn't inspect this one, but no matter what, you can never really clean the inside. I have spare colored lids, so that is the likely solution there. I don't think I have a wire rack for the extended frame grills. If I do, it would probably go on my SS PLatinum project for myself. I had not really thought about wood, but, I may wind up doing the wood idea or even durawood. I have plenty of durawood.

The Trex idea might have some merit. If you can find a color that goes with thermoset tables it would be pretty invincible and give a whole new look to that grill. That stuff is strong enough that you could probably make a set of horizontal wide slats that only require one set of z bars on the sides to hold them in.

You mean run them E/W instead of N/S????
Interesting idea. If you did that, you could maybe drill a hole through the top flange of the Z bar, down through the crossmember it rests on and then put a bolt in. That would probably give it enough support to negate the need for adding E/W cross members.

Oh, it is completely salvageable. Frame looked real good aside from the bottom pan.

Last edited:
Nice Spirit 3 burner for $15 about a mile from my house.
I want to swap from NG. I have an LP manifold from a Silver B, any ideas if it would fit?

Attachments

• D468324A-FD10-42BA-9DE6-27844683631E.jpeg
    D468324A-FD10-42BA-9DE6-27844683631E.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 6
  • B3E00B05-299F-4FA1-BADD-CE6EC94D8851.jpeg
    B3E00B05-299F-4FA1-BADD-CE6EC94D8851.jpeg
    213.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 2C15CC49-FDBF-42A1-A05B-570C29F9323A.jpeg
    2C15CC49-FDBF-42A1-A05B-570C29F9323A.jpeg
    259.1 KB · Views: 6
I am almost certain it would fit. That Spirit is from when Weber off-shored the old Silver B design to re-brand it as an entry-level grill when they launched the new, larger Genesis 300 series.

No swing up tables (or hinges on the legs for them). Just a simple tray and very plain control panel. Otherwise, I thing they are identical.

Last edited:
Joe, just take a few measurements of each manifold to see if they match. Like the length and width of the mounting flanges for one thing. The distance between valves would be another you might want to confirm.

Rust is not a big deal for the manifold. It would take many years for it to rust to a point it becomes a problem unless you suspect the rust is compromising the seals. If the manifolds are essentially identical, then yes, you should be able to swap the valves over.

Yep, I was referring to the connections for the valves and gas hose. Really the only way rust would affect the manifold is if was compromising the connections for the valves or gas hose. Otherwise, it is simply like you say, a steel tube.

For me, I just weld in some new steel to reinforce them. But, I believe you could do the swap of just valve. Just make sure the new one has all the same dimensions as the original rusted one.

Back