Blasting and Powdercoating Genesis 1000 Stuff

Ok so.I had a can of semi gloss that for some reason after spraying gave a textured finish. After contemplating resanding this tank scale bracket, I think its actually fine and matches the texture of the powder coated frame. (Yes I forgot to drop this piece with the powder coater ...)

Also I tried dying the handles and push button. It turned out like crap because the handles were already beat to hell. Then I tried spraying them with satin clear and that came out supper fogged. So, I spray painted them with that can thats spraying a textured finish. I dont know how welll its gonna hold up but im sure gonna find out.

Attachments

• 20240710_204207.jpg
    20240710_204207.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240710_204110.jpg
    20240710_204110.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 12
That's kind of weird that the paint turned out like that on the tank panel. I almost always just clean those with fine steel wool and turtle wax, but I think that one looks kind of cool that way.

That's kind of weird that the paint turned out like that on the tank panel. I almost always just clean those with fine steel wool and turtle wax, but I think that one looks kind of cool that way.

Yea that was the panel that had that weird bulge on it I thought was a weld. So, I decided to sand it and it was actually rust.

Yes super weird but I also like it as well. Maybe its an old can or who knows. I left it alone for a few days thinking if I would sand it and start over but im gonna leave it.

The frame is powder coated with a texture finish?

Its a light texture. Heres a couple pics.

They were trying to tell me that was what the lumps were in the lid end panels but definitely not the same. The frame looks good.

Attachments

• 20240710_211852.jpg
    20240710_211852.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240710_211835.jpg
    20240710_211835.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 9
Ok so.I had a can of semi gloss that for some reason after spraying gave a textured finish. After contemplating resanding this tank scale bracket, I think its actually fine and matches the texture of the powder coated frame. (Yes I forgot to drop this piece with the powder coater ...)

Also I tried dying the handles and push button. It turned out like crap because the handles were already beat to hell. Then I tried spraying them with satin clear and that came out supper fogged. So, I spray painted them with that can thats spraying a textured finish. I dont know how welll its gonna hold up but im sure gonna find out.
20240711_075111~4.jpg
Maybe these would work 😉

I had to get a couple Weber badges in the picture also LOL

I tried them on my grill and they actually do look pretty good and they're comfortable and easy to turn

I actually want to thank you Danny because when I was underneath that silver getting the igniter switch off I noticed a propane reducer fitting on the manifold that is exactly what I need and what I was looking for online last night.

Last edited:
View attachment 95628
Maybe these would work 😉

I had to get a couple Weber badges in the picture also LOL

I tried them on my grill and they actually do look pretty good and they're comfortable and easy to turn

I actually want to thank you Danny because when I was underneath that silver getting the igniter switch off I noticed a propane reducer fitting on the manifold that is exactly what I need and what I was looking for online last night.

Ill take them off your hands

Back