Blackstone's newest Pizza Oven is now available

EricV.

TVWBB Wizard

Unfortunately in this world of ever changing technology, if want to to play you have to pay.....

I’m not in the market. But this looks pretty boss.

16 inch wide stone much better than the typical 12. Rotating bottom stone. Top stone too.

Wonder what the reviews are.

The leopard spots at the 6:15 mark look "spot" on.

I think it is a big plus to be able to cook a 16 inch pie vs. 12. Even if you cook a smaller pie, it is handy to have some extra room when launching and turning the pie.

For a bigger oven, your choices would be this Blackstone ($800 with cart), Ooni 16 gas ($600 table top), or Ooni 16 coal/wood ($800 table top; gas burner is another $120).

They all look great. But that's pretty expensive for a one trick pony. Think I'll stick with the pizza insert for my gasser (which can cook a bigger pie).

Last edited:
Let's not forget about the Gozney Dome, although it substantially more expensive, it should not be overlooked.

A couple of things not to like about the Blackstone has to do with the cart. If you need a place for the oven, the cart is ok for that, but IMO it's an annoyance to have to walk around to the back side to turn the propane tank off and on. A table or two is always handy to have but there isn't one on this version, and I don't see a place to put the front cover when it is removed...maybe slide it in behind one of the handles? Put it in the pizza peel pocket? Put a hook on the front? I wouldn't store (or stow) my peel in the pocket because of concern for dirt or spider webs on a food surface so that would be unusable for me, but it might hold the front cover when not in use. I'm sure these minor inconveniences will be addressed at some point down the road. It doesn't appear that the oven is available without the cart yet but I presume when it does it might knock off maybe $100?

One thing I have found to be very handy out at the oven besides a table is a count-up timer.

Last edited:
It’s spendy for sure, $800 isn’t cheap. But we've got 6 kids and I can only imagine how many grandkids in the future (I’ve already told her we will need name tags and who they belong to so I can remember and I’m only 39 right now🤣) so i can justify it by it being used for many decades to come. Assuming it lasts that long which I would hope it would.

10% discount code tested working at blackstoneproducts.com on 2/1/2023:

PIZZAOG10

Last edited:
The leopard spots at the 6:15 mark look "spot" on.

I think it is a big plus to be able to cook a 16 inch pie vs. 12. Even if you cook a smaller pie, it is handy to have some extra room when launching and turning the pie.

For a bigger oven, your choices would be this Blackstone ($800 with cart), Ooni 16 gas ($600 table top), or Ooni 16 coal/wood ($800 table top; gas burner is another $120).

They all look great. But that's pretty expensive for a one trick pony. Think I'll stick with the pizza insert for my gasser (which can cook a bigger pie).
That’s my question…how well does this “pizza oven” make other types of food? I can’t eat pizza and nachos every week but if it can roast cauliflower, potatoes, etc then it could replace my oven several months out of the year.
That could make it a nice addition. I could also see it for using as a “closer” for getting a good crust on a nice cut of beef or pork after using a traditional BBQ. Even wings are possible.
Hmmmmmmm

Either way…this is the type of innovation I want to see from Weber.

Back