Black Bear and Venison

Gene Brownson

TVWBB All-Star
Does anyone have any suggestions or recipes for Black Bear or Venison ie: rubs for the smoker or sauces, times temperature, types of cut to use? Any schooling would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Black bear meat is similar to pork and makes great sausage, hamburger and roasts! Try smoking a roast similar to a butt or try this http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/...80069052/m/383102492.

I have had the best pepperoni with black bear meat!

Deer...depending on the cuts I would cook similar to and lamb recipes you can find!
My favorite venison meal would be smoked tenderloin over cherry would with some weber steak seasoning and maybe a red wine reduction sauce ( not nessesary but tasty!)

Good luck hope this helps!

Thanks Morgan! I didn't think I would get any responses to my post. I thought I would've had to of gone to some other wild game recipe site. I'm going Black Bear hunting in Sept., and of course, deer season is also qui kly approching. I just got my weber last month and want to get familiar with it and how to go about getting the best product. Thanks again! And happy hunting!!
icon_smile.gif

Hey, I just. He Jed out the link you sent me, that sounds awesome!! A lot of great reveiws! I saved it to my favorites. I'm a new bee around here, thanks Morgan, I hope to see you around here!
icon_smile.gif

Fellas, I too am looking for venison recipes. Please post them if you can.

Thanks

I marinaded some venison steaks in a balsamic vinagrette, 2 tablespoons of fresh basil (chopped), 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (chopped), 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, (chopped), 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper a couple weeks ago and grilled them over direct heat until 140* internal (not long). They were awesome.

Back